1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS bruising under arm

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gfw0622, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gfw0622

gfw0622 Member

I shot in a tournament this weekend using my Precision Fit Stock for the first time and after breaking the shotgun open 500 times the back side of the cheek piece caused a pretty painful bruise to come up under my arm, pcitured inserted. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do to remedy it? I thought I might be able to use Bondo to increase the surface area but my research has led me to believe Bondo will not adhere to plastic.

I have sent an email to Apogee/Vern to see if he has had any other scenarios like this and for his suggestions as well.

Thanks to all who respond!
    Fred

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Yup, same thing happens to me. I fashioned a wood filler piece. It straddles the two height posts and is held in place by double face tape.

3. gfw0622

gfw0622 Member

Would you mind sending a picture of your stock? How well does the double stick tape work with recoil?

4. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Here is what it looks like. Nothing fancy.

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Just a guess along the same thoughts as reyper, try putting the muzzle down on a pad when you open it. Ross Puls

6. gfw0622

gfw0622 Member

Thanks for the picture Bob, I think I will try this. No pad to put it on in skeet and has to be broken down before leaving the station. Thanks Ross. Thanks Rey, The gun is really tight and it takes quite a bit of force to open unlike the gun I just sold. By the end of the weekend I was having to hold it just a little lower and somewhat pop the gun using the weight of the barrel to open it and my trigger hand as the fulcrum. Short arms don't help either because it is difficult to get it any lower and out from under the bicep.
    Thanks to all!
    Fred

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Bruise is caused by the sharp edge of the Comb Hitting the under arm when breaking it open, typical occurunce.

Gary Bryant
    DR.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.