1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS and doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Herman63, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman63

Herman63 Member

Do any of you PFS owners shoot doubles with and what are your experiences and opinions.

Herman63 from KY

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I use one. I cannot feel the stock move when I shoot doubles with it, but I think I have it fairly tight. Play with it. You'll like it. 1 oz loads on your first shot are like a .410. Much easier to stay in the gun on that second shot.
    PM me if you have other questions.

3. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Never a problem. I shoot sporting clays low gun and never a problem either.Don

4. rmy

rmy Member

I use one for doubles and another on my single barrel. I have to set the one used for doubles a little stiffer than the single barrel or it will still be moving slightly when I start to move to the second target. This works great for me and I highly recommend the PFS. rmy

5. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Exactly what rmy said.

Matt - Woodson Enterprises

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

I like my PFS for singles and handicap, but it might be even better for shooting doubles. It is much easier to keep my head on the stock for the second shot of doubles. Reducing recoil to your face is a wonderful thing.

Pat Ireland

7. Pat  D

Pat D TS Member

Hello,
    Any problem with the inertia trigger, since the PFS absorbs so much recoil?

Thanks,
    Pat

8. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

How low can a PFS be set as far as drop? I ask because a friend tried one for Sporting Clays and he never could get it in the 1 3/4" drop range that he needed. He sent it back and that's why I never tried one. Neither of us is too talented from a "mechanical" standpoint!

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

drop at what point ? comb, heal? I do not shoot a lot of doubles. I think once you get used to the movement. Find the sweet spot on the recoil adjustments. I would call mine about half way between soft and stiff.

10. RAScott

RAScott Member

Pat, the inertia was fine on my 682, but i did have it set stiffer than you BT99. good luck and have fun. You will have to try it when the new gun get in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.