1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS adjustment

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bridger, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridger

Bridger Member

I was told that I have a lot of muzzle rise when shooting my PFS equipped BT99. There is no cheek slap. So, is this a matter of having the tension set too soft? I think I have it out about 12 turns.

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

The only thing that matters is how it feels to you. 12 turns would be a lot for me as I use about 3 turns for mine but I have mine on an MX 15 which is already a heavy gun.

If I were you I would tighten it all the way down & experiment with different settings...........a pain in the ass but it's the only way to get it where you like it.

3. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

I have a BT 99 Plus with a PFS stock. I had to put a 1/4 postive wedge behind the butt pad to stop my muzzle jump. My setting for tension is 10 turns out. I don't think it has anything to do with the stock tensioner.

George Ware

4. williamkelly

williamkelly Member

try holding the gun the way you would in the field using a pfs stock you have a tendency to hold a loose gun because of no recoil

5. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Browning Boy told you what I did with my PFS. You can make it recoil level without a problem.

The thing will not kick your face anyway because the cheek piece does not move back.

6. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have my PFS set at 3 turns out but if 12 works for you use it.
    As long as you are hitting the targets us it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pfs turns out adjustment