1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PF stocks question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet100, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet100

skeet100 Member

Do the PF stocks bolt right on to receivers, namely Beretta's ??

What ideas can you give me about set up and adjustments.

Thanks.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

You need the correct grip for your gun. They are made in RH and LH for the beretta. There is no fitting involved, just bolt the stock to the gun, make the adjustments to fit, and start pounding targets.

3. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Ian, If you are looking for someone to paint your PFS, I can do it. Charge for grip and comb is $75.00 for standard paint colors. Email or call me. Matt Woodson - Woodson Enterprises (270)804-5454

4. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Actually, the grip bolts to the receiver. You need to separate the grip from the stock to be able to bolt it to the receiver. If you do not have a manual you can order one from PFS.

If you do not have a stock fitter near you, get Rollin Oswald's stock fitting book. Do a search for threads by Rollin to get the link to his website.

Jason

5. tom monzitta

tom monzitta Member

I suggest you measure the stock that's on the gun first: Length of pull, comb height, ect. Put the PF stock on and make adjustments from that starting point. Try to make one adjustment at a time and do some shooting with it. You should be able to adjust the recoil reducer and length of pull fairly quickly. Fiddle with it until you are centering your shots and getting good smoke. Then tighten everything down and forget about it. Except for a small change in comb height when you're shooting caps, things should remain about the same. (I do change the length of pull when I put on a heavy coat in the winter).

Hope this helps.

Tom

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

jon- nope never got around to trying my hand @ it. Was busy shooting 4900 registered skeet targets this summer, and haven't gotten bored enough in the off season to try. I did just redo my 1100 stock in a zebra motif though, turned out OK for the 1st time i've tried to do anything but a solid color. I actually might have my grip duplicated in wood @ some point, which would look better than any paint job (i'm a sucker for nice wood, but don't mind painting a 2x4 grade stock such as i had on my 1100). I'm thinking maple and a matching forend......

8. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Just read the PFS manual you will be shooting and making adjustments in a half of an hour....Don

9. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>somebody say paint?

10. skeet100

skeet100 Member

Thanks for the replies.

At this time paint ain't on my mind.

I have the manual and every part. I was just fishing for hints that might help me get it adjusted easier.

I will set it up and practice over the winter with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.