1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Peters Shotshell (Blue)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by likes-to-shoot, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Stopped by Sportsman's Warehouse and seen they had Peters Shotshells for 6.59 a box. These are blue with 8 point crimps. The picture on the back shows what looks like RXP12 wads. I looked at Remington's website and googled Peters Shotshell and couldn't find anything concerning reloading data. The guy at the counter didn't know anything except they just came out with the shells earlier this year.

Anyone have any info as to performance and reload-ability of these shells?

Bill

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

They use to make those years ago. I hadn't heard anything about them releasing them again. You load them like a STS/Nitro/Gun Club. Thats if they are a quality hull. -Matt

3. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I started a thread about these on 27 June. There were about six replies. The thread was "New Peters target load". Ron

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Sorry Ron, I didn't see your thread.

5. dhg

dhg TS Member

These hulls will out last the Nitro or STS hulls, use the same load as you would for nitro or sts.

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Loved those Blue Magic's when they were available in Canada back in the 80's...shot 13 cases of them one year (500 per case).

7. grntitan

So was this a special deal or are they gonna be around for awhile? Anybody seen them for sale anywhere else?---Matt

8. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Gander has had them for several years.

I like them, I'm using STS data.

But the plastic seems heavier (thicker) and I have to make sure the final crimp is really good and tight or they want to start to open over time.

They do last long....

SW

9. grntitan

SW--Thank you for the info. I'd check them out if there was a Gander closer than 100+ miles from me. LOL ---Matt

10. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I have one box of those left from when I used to shoot them years ago. The box has a picture of a mallard duck in flight on the front and back.They were a darn good shell and did reload nicely.

Steve

11. fishguts

fishguts Member

I loaded one shell to see how long it would last,..I got 14 reloads out of it then it split down the side...the crimp was still tight.

Wayne

12. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

They are a decent hull and loads exactly like the STS-Gun Club hulls. Only problem is that darn steel head on the new Peters just like the Gun Club hulls.

I wish they had the Brass head like the old Blue Magic but then they would cost nearly the same as the STS. But the do make pretty load.

Mark

13. dshot

dshot Member

I still have two boxs of the old blue max shell

14. dverna

dverna Active Member

I bought 25+ cases of the Peters Heavy Target from Gander Mountain on close out about 2 years ago. At under $4.25 a box I cleaned them out.

I use STS data to load them and they work very well.

Don Verna

15. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

I don't think that they have a steel head but have a brass head. I've put a magnet to the head and it will not pick it up. The primer is steel and the magnet will attach to it, maybe that's what you've done. Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.