1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Peters hulls

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by X2 fan, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I bought a large box of mostly old AA's about a year ago and have just recently broken into it to start filling them up. Mixed in with the AA's are a bunch of blue smooth Peters hulls. I know that these have not been around for a while. I am wondering if these are something that I could get some money out of or if they're not worth the effort. Don't know how many there are for sure but I'd guess there are at least 250 of them. They look to be in very good condition. Some may even be once fired.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

2. 333t

333t Member

The old blue Peters are good hulls. I would be interested in them depending on where you are. Freight costs many times equals or exceeds the value of hulls. Post your email address and I will contact you. Thanks.

Phil

3. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Col. Klink is correct...load them like AAs. Sometimes they are hard to crimp, but load and shoot well. Best Regards.

4. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

The Blue Magic hulls were done in by a nasty tendency to separate just above the brass. I think that this might have been caused by a slight difference in the internal taper of the hull which left a small gap between the wad and the hull at that location when AA wads were used instead of the Remington wad for which the hull was designed. I remember shooting them at the New Jersey state shoot and having two of them separate and leave the barrel of my gun during the singles event.

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

The Peters Blue Magic, seemed to be the same hulls as the green Remington "Premier" hull (RTL) - they're an opaque Blue and/or Green one-piece. I really liked those hulls and felt I got superior reloadability out of them compared with the STS/Nitro hulls.

My $0.02
    Jay Spitz

6. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I will get an exact count on how many of these I have. E-mail is above. Of course, remove the X's.

Thanks for the replies.

Tim

7. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

Grren Premiers were introduced with a different plastic composition from the Blue Magic. The green plastic was not as pliable and hulls were harder to load because the mouth wouldn't open as far as the blue and he wads would hang up. The smooth plastic felt pretty much alike for the two hulls, slick to the touch.

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I wasn't sure whether it was just a color/head difference, but the few I've loaded of the old PBM, seemed to have loaded just like the 1000s of RTL hulls I've done - thanks for the clarification.

Jay

9. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

To the best of my recollection, the PBM was the Peters version of the old Remington RXP, not the RTL.

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.