1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Peters hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by revbook, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revbook

revbook Member

A shooting friend was going through his components, and knowing I load Remington hulls, gave me a couple of bags with STS hulls. Mixed in were a couple of hulls I am not familiar with, I have only been shooting Trap for a couple of years. In the bag were 62 hulls that are smooth like STS hulls but a bit lighter green. The head stamp on these is "Remington Peters". There are also 7 hulls that are smooth but blue and are also stamped "Remington Peters". What do I have here? Do they load like the STS?

Don in PA

2. RemingtonReloader

RemingtonReloader TS Member

You have the old Remington Premiers, they probably say something like "Light 8" or "Light 9" or "Heavy 7.5" or something like that near the brass base on them. Anyways, they load just like an STS. The blue ones are probably Blue Magics, and they also load like STS's. Great hulls for reloading, some of my favorites if I can find some. -Aaron Schneider

3. revbook

revbook Member

Yeah Arron...you are right, they do have those things stamped on the hulls. Are they pre-STS? Must be pretty old. Gotta say....really like the color of the blue ones.

4. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Love the old Blue Magics. Last a long time.

5. RemingtonReloader

Yes they are from before the STS. Just the older hull from the Premier line. The STS is the new version of that hull. Those blue hulls are nice too. I assume they have "PETERS" stamped where the green ones are stamped? -Aaron Schneider

6. revbook

revbook Member

Right again Aaron....head stamp is the same.

7. RemingtonReloader

My personal favorites. Load them like an STS. -Aaron Schneider

8. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

The Peters Blue are still made but the head stamps has changed and sold through discount stores. Bi Mart in my area. The cases are like the old Premier and load the same as STS. The cases are better than the STS in my book. Some of the older ones were really Brass.

One other thing. When the Premiers came out, Remington switched over to the form of plastic and you could buy the Peters Blue with all the nice stuff in them. Brass,figure 8 wads, hard shot. Joe Ljutic called them the best kept secret in shells. We bought and shot a ton of them.

Ajax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.