1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PETE McCALL CONGRATS 50 STRT 1ST IN A LONG TIME

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Trapshooters, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Trapshooters

The Trapshooters TS Member

Congratulations Pete McCall on breaking 50 straight for the first time in a long time!! Everyone was tickled for you! You have struggled for so long but refuse to give up! He has been a two eyed shooter for years but decided to give one eyed shooting a try today. He was just shooting practice but that didn't matter. He probably was walking just as high as the day he broke his first hundred!! Keep up the good work Pete!!! You are a tough old bird!

Phillip & Sallie Jo Nickell
    Rowan County Sportsman's Club
    Morehead, KY

2. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Congrats to an all time champion and an idol. We're from the same home club (Franklin County Sportsman's Club) and I've been fortunate enough to stand beside him in a shootoff a time or two. Look the man's number's up, it'll make you consider putting your trapgun up!!

Congrat's again, Pete!!

Eddie Quire

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Knowing Pete, I'm betting that 50 straight was in doubles too.

Congrats. I know it has been a tough road back, congratulations again!

4. GoldTrigger

GoldTrigger Member

Great news. Pete has been taking care of us here in Missouri at the larger events and we truly consider him our friend...... What a great guy to be around and to be with all his shooting buddies. Can't wait to shoot with you and learn even more than we have so far, just from listening to your stories...

Great to hear about your latest results. See ya soon

Jim, Gery, and Jeff from Missouri............

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Trapshooting is wonderful. Pete was a many time All American who suffered some serious medical problems a few years ago. Pete has kept on working and is happy with 50 straight in practice. I shot with him many times when he was very unhappy with a 199 in singles. Now 50 in practice is great for Pete. If all of us would do the very best we can under the circumstances we should feel proud of our accomplishments.

Pat Ireland

6. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Pete has been shooting some bird races with us and is coming around even with less than satisfactory vision.He broke 25 singles and 25 from the handicap yesterday at Morehead.He has as much ability as anyone in the country but he is not sure he wants to work hard at this age in life to shoot great again. When you have been as good as Pete, he will not settle for less.I really enjoy shooting with him again!

Terry Dean

7. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Shot doubles on a squad with Pete many years ago at the Grand.

He was working for Federal at the time and missed his squad.

There we were, a largely penalty squad. The puller announced to us that a 5th man was coming. Here comes Pete running down the walk. One shooter said.. thats Pete McCall. Everyone was shocked.

It didn't take long to see who knew how to shoot Doubles. He actually coached us as we went along.

A very gracious thing on his part and one of my great memories of Trapshooting.

Regards....Gerald

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Pete was a force for many years-Super-X and all. Just for the heck of it I pulled up his 1988 averages. .9940 Singles, .9337 Handicap and .9778 in Doubles. Heckuva shooter!!

9. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

10. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Pete, Good to see you back.

11. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

Congrats pete!!!

12. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

Shot with him several times at the PA State shoot and had to laugh everytime he'd twirl that cigarette around in his mouth while shooting. What a character and one of the best shooters, i've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Congrats on your 50 and hope this recovery continues.

Jeff Graupp

13. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

One of my greatest privileges is to call Pete McCall my friend. I guess we've known each other for 30 years or so and you will never find a more gracious and helpful man. Ive seen him crawling around fixing traps at shoots where he is competing, not for pay...just because the work needed to be done. He will gladly help any shooter with a problem, just ask.

Pete, I hope we have the pleasure of shooting together again soon! Congrats on the 50! I know you're working hard at it so it'll come.

Bob Schultz

14. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Congratulations Pete...!!
    Your friend....(formerly from Tennessee...)"Captain Nasty".

15. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Small victories can be very good for the soul....I sure mine....

16. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

He sure helped me out of a situation when I needed it at the NC State shoot a few years back.
    Don

17. The Trapshooters

18. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

I wonder if Pete is still giving some lessons. I would love a doubles lesson in the coming year. Nubs Wagner.

19. bas

bas Member

PETE...I/we are so happy for you! I know the diffulties you have had and while Roger's problems are different insofar as he can no longer shoot, I'm just so glad you haven't GIVEN UP! And, you know a lot of good one-eyed shooters....ahem...like a Nora.....

As Bob Schultz posted, Pete is one of the BEST...always willing to help with anything...all you have to do is ask. Our very best to you, Pete...we love ya!

B&R

20. The Trapshooters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.