1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PETA, This didn't take very long.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim101, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Mash the link for The complete article. Jim

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is seeking the suspension of Eight Belles' jockey after the filly had to be euthanized following her second-place finish in the Kentucky Derby on Saturday.
    Gabriel Saez was riding Eight Belles when she broke both front ankles while galloping out a quarter of a mile past the wire. She was euthanized on the track.

PETA faxed a letter Sunday to Kentucky's racing authority claiming the filly was "doubtlessly injured before the finish" and asked that Saez be suspended while Eight Belles' death is investigated.

"What we really want to know, did he feel anything along the way?" PETA spokeswoman Kathy Guillermo said. "If he didn't then we can probably blame the fact that they're allowed to whip the horses mercilessly."

Eight Belles trainer Larry Jones said the filly was clearly happy when she crossed the finish line.

"I don't know how in the heck they can even come close to saying that," Jones told The Associated Press on Sunday. "She has her ears up, clearly galloping out."

Guillermo said if Saez is found at fault, the group wants the second- place prize of $400,000 won by Eight Belles to be revoked.

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Why not also ask to have the second place purse donated to PITA? Why not also ask for the sport of horse racing to be ended all togather? I mean... Hey? It can't hurt to ask right?Jeff

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

YUP People Eating Tasty Animals........what a bunch of hypocrites

4. nipper

nipper TS Member

PETA=

P-people

E- eating

T- tasty

A- animals

Bill

5. mahrbeezer

mahrbeezer TS Member

Some of their causes are very well justified and needed in some cases. Then you get the insanely radical nuts that look for high profile attention like this. The problem today in this politically correct world is instead of ignoring these radical fruits, they call in damage control and make a deal to hush them up. How about rolling your eyes and turning your back to these cry babies until they go away.

6. nipper

nipper TS Member

a friend of mine was a peta freak once,now eats more steak than i ever will

bill

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have a severe allergy to beef. However, I make up for it with VENISON and other wild game. Tastes better, too!

Going to the woods to harvest meat is more fun than shopping at Krogers.

SETA and PETA rhyme. What is SETA?

S hooting Coach

E ating

T asty

A nimals

(SNICKER)

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    People Executing Terrified Animals

9. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Some of these insane nut jobs have sabatoged and booby trapped hunting areas, injuring hunters and dogs(sometimes severly). A friend on my in FL had an uncle partially paralized when the rungs broke on a tree stand ladder in Va. Thay had been sawed through. Coudn't prove anything, but PETA had been very active in the area. They don't operate much in the DEEP south or out west(except for the extreme left coast). Maybe in a few bigger cities, but not out in the woods and swamps. Bad "accidents" would probably happen to some of them if they did.

10. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

As a hunter myself, I have absolutely NO use or regard for many of the radical opinions purported by the organization that calls themselves People For Ethical Treatment of Animals.

However -- after reading several of the articles concerning the terrible ending of Eight Belles' life, even I am left to harshly question the running of such young horses in an "all out" contest of speed over such distances.

It is known that 3-year olds have not fully developed the knee plates that are so vital to the support of the weight of a horse. Due to the under-development of these supporting structures within the legs, the ankles are then left to bear an un-natural amount of strain. Such leads to the incidents that were witnessed on Saturday, as well as that of Barbaro.

Until something is done to prevent the un-necessary demise of such fine animals for "human" sport, I fear that horse racing is simply "asking" for more from PETA. Sadly -- it often takes some of the crazy antics and tactics of such an organization to force people to open their eyes to the dangers that these horses face.

To simply turn our heads and say "they've raced these horses for years" is no longer an acceptable attitude to assume.

11. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

This is a Shooting Forum but I have to chime in.

PETA is in my oppionion a domestic terrorist organization that should be delt with in the harshes manner. PETA members are a threat to our national security and way of life and should be targetd by law enforcment agencys, and the IRS. Hiding behind the 1st ammendment is not a licence to force extream views on the majority.

Ronbo

12. Straight99

Straight99 Member

If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?
    There is room for all of Gods creatures, right along side of the mashed potatos and gravy.

13. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

God made people out of meat too, but they sure taste crappy.

14. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Ow I don't know Grizzly Bears think people taste pretty good, so do Lions and Tigers. Lions and Tigers and Bears ow my....

15. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Doesn't the Bible make mention that all the animals are for Adam's benefit (or something to that effect?)

Jay

16. 5spd

5spd TS Member

peta .....the worms that rescue animals only to kill 97-98% of them, its a fact that was making the rounds a little while back. Talk about hypocritsy.

17. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

The PETA long hairs are up in arms about someone shooting 6 Sea Lions below Bonniville Dam on the Columbia river. If the shooter(s) are caught I think all Salmon fishermen, sport and commercial, should pitch in and help pay the fines. Post-2

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Delbert, you have to have the correct gender and sauce.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.