1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pet peeve...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Slugo, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugo

Slugo Member

people trying to sell shotguns without posting a few quality images of the gun. Or, worse yet, pictures that are totally blurred out.

Just had to get this off my chest! :)

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

You're right. If you think about it, trying to sell a gun online wihout a pic is an incredibly stupid thing to do. Because even if you find someone willing to buy you gun blind, you get way less money because of the risk the buyer is taking. And why annoy people by saying "can email pics"? Why not simply invest 2 minutes reading the instructions on how to post them? Pictures are the best way of overcoming the fact that the buyer doesn't know you, can't handle the gun, and is taking a risk in buying it.

On the other hand, the best online deal I ever got was a Winchester 61 rifle with a horrible pic. The seller happened to live nearby so I went and looked at it. It was stunning. But nobody bidding against me could be sure of that, so I got the gun for hundreds less than it was worth.

-Gary

3. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Hell I'm a Finnish genius and anything to much above opening a e-mail is a job

for the wife. Once she shows me a few times I'm am good to go. THAT is if I can

Remember it. Ken U another thing someone who knows how to use it real good
    can sure as heck may it easier for others in family. A library of all sorts of

information on just about anything. Some of the sites have information from
    years ago that are just as good today or even better. Gardening,pests, a lot of other stuff too. simple car truck fixes Ken U

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Taking a picture that's in sharp focus is not rocket science with the simplest of todays point and shoot digitals....and everybody knows somebody who can assist in uploading to this site...

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I try to keep the pictures to a minimum only so I don't take up as much space, I usually say if interested can E Mail more pictures rather than put 20 pictures on a thread of one gun ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If they can email a pic then they can EASILY resize it and insert/upload the image here. There just isn't any excuse.

If you do not have a digital camera or a way to scan in the pics, most photo labs will make a CD with digital copies of your pics.

For those who do not have a simple image resize program, get IrfanView. It's free, it works, and it has a simple resize function.

And if all else fails, then you need to bribe the neighbor kid to help you.

7. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

Pet Peeve.....

How about folks putting guns up for sale and not telling us all the info.

Length of barrel/s

Length of pull over what thickness pad

Choked or fixed. if choked- which ones come with the gun

Does a case come with the gun

show the good and the bad of the weapon with pictures

Approx. number of rounds through the weapon

Price with or with out --case, shipping and/or ins

what the drop is at the comb and heel

does it have the factory rib. Is the rib adj. Pattern.

any modifications to the gun.

Is the comb 2-way or 4-way adj.

What kind of recoil reducer

When was the gun manufactured

Where the owner/gun is located

If a phone number is listed-- the best time to call

If you say you want to possibly trade for something, give us a hint on what that might be.

You get the jist of my statement.............

Information will help to sell a gun. The more info the better.

JMHO......Phil

8. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

What Captain Bud said!!

JK

9. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I am in the middle of nowhere when it comes to internet access. All I have is Dial up. It takes a long time to upload and download pictures.
    A neighbor has satelite internet and it on the fritz 1/3 of the time due to weather problems.
    I don't mind pics of guns but when someone wants to see a picture of a new in package "Browning" choke tube, not a Briley, Wrights, Carlson or other brand and I take a picture send it to them and they do not even acknowledge receiving the picture that is not proper.
    I sent pictures of a combo I had listed here to 25 people and only one said they received the pictures. I have figures out an easier wat to podt them here, finally.

10. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

Slugo, just curious, how many guns have you purchased off of this site?

11. Slugo

Slugo Member

sorry, nobody's business but mine...

12. philk

philk Member

Blurry and fuzzy pics drive me nuts. On ebay to.

13. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Yeah, I don't get it either. If you can post here, you can post pics. Click the link and follow the instructions. How is that too hard?

14. Slugo

Slugo Member

not really interested in buying anything, sight unseen...

15. Brian in Oregon

Another thing are those people who want email replies only, no PM or reply posts. The excuse is they don't check the board very often. This is a good indicator they aren't even a member of the ts.com community and are simply and opportunistically posting their ads on multiple sites. A search for their handle shows very few, and often no other, posts. I dismiss such ads out of hand, because they aren't someone familiar here, increasing the chances they are a huckster.

16. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

<I>"Seems to me, that most folks just like to look at pictures, not really interested in buying."</I>

I do like to see pics of guns. Is that a problem? Pics will help sell your gun, that is the main reason to include pics.

Another thing, there are plenty of folks here that will help you put your pics up. I'll help, and so will many others. Just ask and we'll be more than happy to help. I'll even help teach you the process so, you can do it yourself.

17. Slugo

Slugo Member

"Seems to me, that most folks just like to look at pictures, not really interested in buying."

No shit! Same can be said of any goods; houses, cars, jewelery, electronics, etc...

18. Brian in Oregon

The simple fact is pictures help sales. Why cripple your ad with no photos?

19. 7771

7771 Active Member

I hate when people list a bunch of questions about measurements, and the smallest details that require time to answer then when you answer all the questions they dont respond to you after or make the purchase.

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Just curious Slug. Are you a trapshooter? I don't want a picture of you. I just wonder what your interest is in a trapshooting site when all you talk about is pistols.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.