1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pet peeve on Ts.com

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Pet peeve: It bugs the shxx out of me when someone lists something for sale and a week later, after you answered the ad with Pm's and E mails, they don't get back. If you want to sell something answer your responses! If it's sold mark your ad sold, but don't ignore the people that respond, they at least deserve a return message. Soory for the rant I don't usually complain about stuff on here except for GN777777 but this bugs me since I was in sales and mngt. for 30 years. I apologize, Bulge.

2. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

I agree. A little common courtesy goes a long way.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

3. APrice

APrice Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bulge, it's not always lack of consideration. People get sick. People die. Most folks have many other things going on with higher priority than selling on TS.COM. Of this I'm painfully aware, after a recent death in the family has thrown me behind in two negotiations for buying and trading items on this forum.

Patience Grasshopper....patience.

4. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I've offered stuff for sale and most pm's I get are rude wastes of time. "where are you at", "interested in any trades", "what's your bottom dollar" "got pictures" "got more pictures" "will you take? (less.less,less)"

I don't know what you've been writing to sellers, but if somedbody is selling something and an honest, active buyer steps forward, you will hear back ... the bored Gomer Pyle tire kickers who respond just to have someone to chew the fat with and talk to, need to get a dog or go to Home Depot and trap some hapless store clerk into telling them about all 20 different chainsaw models.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Sportshot, if sellers would just state where they are located, give dimensions, price, and a few photo's they wouldn't get the "tire kickers." But, then a tire kicker can be turned into a buyer if the deal is good.....

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

If something is advertised with the very basic info then additional questions come to mind. A buyer has to have certain info to determine whether the item will work for them. They have to ask questions. A seller has to give adequate info or they will get questions. Yes there are tire kickers but in sales you have to get through the kickers to get to the real buyer. It's part of the buy/sell game. Bulge.

7. TRW369

TRW369 TS Member

0   0   0

You are absolutely right when you say people do not get back to you but rather totally ignore your offer or bid for the sale of their items. I do resent when I make an offer and the person sends me back a smar a$$ remark like "don't waste my time with your rediculous offer and an insult to me". If I did't want to make an offer and wasn't sincere about buying the item, then I wouldn't make an offer. And to one person their gold may be just plain old silver to others. That is why people have a choice of either chocolate, vanilla or evern strawberry. And that is my way of thinking!

Terry

8. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have bought & sold several things here on TS I usually find that if I just call the seller (get phone # by PM) & talk to them it's quicker & easier for both of us. Usually do the same when selling, I will ask for a phone # and a good time to call because we all live in different time zones--work different schedules--etc. this way the other party has the option to talk at their convenience. When I do the calling it's at my expense so the other party does not feel the need to hurry, also you both can sorta get a "feel" of the other. Just my experience. So far all good experiences. Ross Puls

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

A GOOD salesman will turn a tire kicker into a buyer. I think the most important thing besides prompt and continuous communication is the "for sale" ad itself. Some people put stuff up for sale here with less than the minimum info. Also if you are not gonna be able to check back here often, provide a method for a buyer or the seller to contact you in a realitvely quick manor. The more details you provide about the product, the price and the method of communication, the better the sale will go.

10. Swimdad13

Swimdad13 Member

0   0   0

I'm relatively new to this forum but I've had some very good experiences buying things on here already. I feel that when a seller lists something for sale that the price is negotiable unless the seller lists the price as "firm". As far as tire kickers go, on the flipside there are some sellers that list an item at a high price to see if anyone "bites". I agree that there is no excuse for not replying but because of the scammers out there, I am reluctant to provide a phone number to someone I don't know right off the bat. This cost me a stock that I probably would have otherwise bought but so be it. There is also a very wide range of prices for used guns, even of the same model, so a seller shouldn't be insulted by an offer, he should be pleased he received one and if not acceptable either counter or decline. If no one responds to your item then something’s wrong. Just my $0.02… Have a great weekend all. -Bob.

11. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

0   0   0

I understand this and to be honest I am a guilty person of this, have a Browning for sale, got asked a lot of question, some gent wanted me to grade it and honestly had no clue, the barrel etc, it's less than a year old, under 300 shots so I took the listing down.

So how do you know if somebody is legit or fishing I was asked to give my phone number?

Deb

12. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

my only advice is DON'T talk to ts.com sellers about trades. This ain't 1890. We use cash, sell what you got, use the money to buy what you need, I don't want your gold filled false teeth or your wedding silver or your .20 gauge Mossberg.

"inter'std in any trades" huh,huh, what'cha got? Naw, don't need any of them, what else ya got? ...

13. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Rich Bullard sells lot of excellent Perazzi merchandise on this forum and he does it right. Thorough description of the product is excellent, priced competitively, pictures are excellent, gets back to the customers when questions are asked in a timely manner, and posts the item "SOLD" and delivers the product. Bottom line is he does what he says he is going to do in a timely manner..

14. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

you do not have to participate in the games silly people play on forums. If they strike you as weird, don't answer, or delete them. it's not like church where you have to be social and polite, even to the creeps.

internet 101

15. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

0   0   0

You don't have to be polite to anyone, at any time, no matter where you are. It will all go toward the reputation you build. What do you want to be referred to as, the butt head or the reasonable guy? Will other members defend you or pile on?

Common courtesy works everywhere. Yes, family issues, work issues, personal issues happen. Those are certainly forgivable and not what the OP is talking about.

If you only look at this site once a week, state that in your ad. If you only want to be contacted by email or phone, state that. Is that so hard?

If you make an offer, make an offer. "What's your bottom dollar?", is not an offer. I posted a price, that's my bottom dollar at the moment. I may be talked into a lower price, but I've already told what I want. If you don't like it, make another offer. The worst that can happen is you get turned down.

16. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Bulge, be advised that it can't be dangerous to pet a peeve as they have been known to bite!

17. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

How much are you charging for this "For Sale" thread? Negative rants rarely command money.

18. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Jack, i'm alittle thick today. I am not picking up your point. Would you please explain? Thanks, Bulge.

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

Strange things happen when dealing with people ... I had an as new gun listed on TS.Com, one of the people who responded gave me a list of things he would have to do to the gun to make it work for him, he wanted me to discount the gun to pay for the alterations ... He said he shot fast and the choke would be to tight so he would have to have tubes put in it, then he shot a release trigger and this gun had a pull so he wanted an adjustment on that also ... I simply sent him a response telling him that my gun might not be the gun he is looking for and let it go at that ... I sold the gun later that same day for the full asking price ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Got a good deal here when interested parties only inquired by email. The seller had provided provided pictures, an excellent description and a phone number. When speaking to him I mentioned how surprised I was that it hadn't sold sooner. He stated that he preferred verbal communications and never responded to the emails. Great guy to do business with, made a friend and got a bargain.

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.