1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pesticide spraying

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by coho, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coho

coho Member

Here in Sheridan wyoming they pull a big tank around at night and hose your house down with pesticides once a week. No one seems to get too upset over it, even my neighbor who gets sick every time they spray seems to shrug it off. My other neighbor who’s 29 year old son just died of cancer doesn’t think there’s a connection. I see little kids running around in the puddles the next day and wonder why it pisses me off so much if everyone else is ok with it. Maybe I haven’t inhaled enough yet not to care. do they spray this much where you all live?

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

What are they spraying for?

Around here they do it for skeeters,,,but they don't come onto your property.

3. coho

coho Member

They say it’s for mosquitoes but they don’t spray the brush or any of the 400 acres that are behind the house. They spray the sidewalk , front lawn and house. And If your car is sitting there they spray it down too.

4. dennis (nj)

dennis (nj) Guest

If your worried about it , why aren`t you asking questions as to what the chemicals are to the people who are putting it down in your neighborhood ??? I would and I`d be damn pissed that they are doing it without permission !!!!

5. IM390

IM390 Member

I believe that if it is a fog type spray, they would be spraying Malethion Spray. It has a 1/2 life of 30 minutes. If it contacts a bug immediately it is dead. It will drift with a light wind and so can cover a large area with a light spraying. There is no residue. On the bad side it is manufactured from the same chemical as DDT. On the good side there is only 1 ounce of cancer causing Dioxin in it out of 100,000 gallons of concentrate. It is mixed about a teaspoon to a gallow of water. It is still used today to also kil bugs on the food we eat and it is commonly used as a perservative in flour used to make your bread. It's toxicity is about the same as an aspirin. We use to run through the fog as children, playing commandoes.