1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Peru lead?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by OleBlue2, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OleBlue2

OleBlue2 TS Member

I have been looking for a better price on lead and I was told of some shooters up north[frankfort,IL area]that went in together and bought a pallet/ton of shot made in Peru for around $20 a bag.I was told it's nice lead,but I can not seem to pin any of this down. Has anyone heard of this lead from Peru and is this a true price or just smoke. Bill

2. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Who did they buy the pallet from as i may be interested in buying a pallet myself at 20 a bag.

3. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

It's been a long time since I've seen any Peru shot, but the last I had was exeptionally uniform and round, just destroyed targets. I'd be interested too but is a ways to Il.

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I would be interested in going in on some also. I was buying it for $20.00 a bag from through the early fall to early winter at the dealer I use. Now he is up to $25.00 a bag but selling Lawerence Brand. I see no difference between one and the other than the price.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Buy all you can. The cost of the raw lead comes to more than $20.00 a bag. HMB

6. Mac V

Mac V Guest

<blockquote>" Buy all you can. The cost of the raw lead comes to more than $20.00 a bag. HMB"</blockquote>

True, but how much of our shot is made with raw lead and how much of it is made from recycled lead, which is cheaper?

Mike

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I would guess that they do.

Our lead was taken from the pond to a smelter in Granite City, Illinois. It had to go back into the market from there.

Wish I had a few barrels now.

HM

8. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

The Peru shot I get here in the LA, CA area is "Eagle" and it goes for $23.00/25#

9. IM390

IM390 Member

When I could buy it several years ago, it was only $2.00 cheaper than Remington or Lawrence. It has less Antimony that magnum shot, but is still better than chilled shot. And in some stores it was the same price as American made shot. I've been told Gander Mountain and Cabellas are only making 4% profit and are selling it only so you will shop in their stores.

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

IM390- I HIGHLY doubt that gander and cabelas are selling it @ only a 4% profit. That means there paying $28.80 on a bag of shot that there selling for $30, which would mean that the place where I buy my shot from is selling it at a 15% LOSS. Plus, w/ the buying power gander and cabelas have, i'm sure they get a much better price than my supplier. I'd hazard a guess that gander and cabelas are making a 50% profit on their shot, buying it @ 20 and selling @ 30

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
lead shot made in peru
peru il trap shooting
peru lead shot

peru leadshot