1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

personal voice release

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shoot n Holler, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

Need some information from shooters that have used a personal voice release system.Any ideas on the best one for basic trap shooting? Likes and dislikes? Maybe you have a used one you would like to sell.Needs to be able to hookup to Pat traps.

Thanks

2. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

My advise is to not get one. I spent a lot of money on a system years ago, had a club I could use any time, lots of shells and time. I guess I used it a little bit if I had trouble with a hard right or picking my head up but the over all use cost and what I got out of it was not much. You can run a hundred practice round by yourself and a puller and get just as much or more. I found to that if I went down and practiced by myself, I got bored and ended up not really practicing.

But maybe you could get a lot out of one. JMHO

CM

3. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Get a Ventroliquist (probably did not spell that right) There are LOTS of people here that use them with VERY good results! Look them up and CALL MICHAEL GOINES (inventor and maker). Mike stands behind everything he sells and I promise you will never talk to a more knowledgeable person and a more fair man. Mike is a shooter too! He made the Ms state team in sporting, trap, and skeet FIVE YEARS IN A ROW!

These units give no trouble, work with all machines, and have the ability to add transmitters as needed. In other words, you can buy a set and your shooting buddies can buy transmitters to use with your set. We regularly shoot 3 to 5 man squads with these instead of setting up cabturburies.
    Jim Porter

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Look at the Clay Delay system. We use them at our club for individual practice when the Canterbury's aren't set up.

5. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Go to: http://www.ventriloquistinc.com/.
    I agree with Jim Porter. This system was invented by shooters, made by shooters and supported by shooters. Simply put - it works and is flexible.

For those who have problems with moving the gun before the target appears ....the receiver has a setting for a delay, or bad call, which serves as a great teacher. Plus, as you use this system you will learn to use your voice properly and you will rarely have trouble making a speaker system throw targets.
    I have been using this system since the early 1990's (I think, a long time anyway) with zero problems - other than I broke the antenna which was rapidly replaced. If you occasionally shoot alone - it is an absolute must.

And - keep some spare batteries in the case :)

6. SBray

SBray Active Member

I have used a Clay Delay voice release unit for the last 1 1/2 years and really enjoy it. It allows me to shoot anytime the club is open and not need a puller. Not for trap, since the local clubs use voice release systems, but for shooting skeet and sporting clays, it allows me more opportunity to shoot.

CM makes a good point. But whether you have someone to pull targets or not, if you don't have a plan on what you are going to work at during your practice, you are just wasting time and money, and reinforcing bad habits. I know, because I have done the same, with or without the voice release.

I think it is the most valuable tool/accessory I have ever purchased for shotgun sports.

Steve

7. ShooterOne

ShooterOne Member

Shoot n Holler: Have a Ventriloquist system that I have used over the years to shoot/practice alone or with other shooters and have been happy with the system. Can't say anything good or bad about the other systems.

Advantages of the Ventriloquist system is ease of set up/hookup, shoot one to
    five shooters, move from singles to handicap yardage without moving "wired" speakers. The only disadvantage is you need a supply of 9 volt batteries and/ or a charger to keep a charge in rechargable batteries

I seldom use the system anymore due to a decline in my shooting. The system is complete with five transmitter and one receiver to connect to a Pat Trap for one to five shooters. These units are not "inexpensive" and I don't know the current cost of a new system, but I would probably part with the system if someone were seriously interested and we could agree on a cost.

PM or e-mail me if you would be interested discussing any details.

Tom

8. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

Look into the ERAD system before spending your money. I have a Clay Delay....and wish I owned my buddy's ERAD.

9. SBray

SBray Active Member

What features make you wish you had the ERAD over the Clay Delay?

10. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

We do not have to do a lot of advertising due to word of mouth. We manufacture of the best personal trap wireless voice releases since 1995 " On Time Voice Release" for a personal set is 450.00 with everything. Email me for more info Thanks, Doug @ SGS/OnTime Voice release, 513-403-2522

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The ERAD system is great and we use it for our registered trap shoots.
    It's programmable and very compact. Consequently it's more expensive and complicated than the other systems. The Clay Delay is cheaper and simpler to use, and does the job. It comes in both a wired and wireless version. The wired version connects to the manual release cord. The wireless version requires a receiver be placed in the traphouse.

12. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

For the money, the wireless Clay Delay is hard to beat.

13. SBray

SBray Active Member

Shooting Coach,

I got the wireless model with all the features, more than I will probably ever use!

Steve

14. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

I have the wireless clay delay and use it for trap, skeet and sporting clays. It's very easy to use and works excellent! I've used others but I like the ease of use of the system.

Shoot safely, well and often!
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

personal wireless voice release trap

speakers for pat trap

trap shooting voice release system