1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perscription shooting glasses

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grnberetcj, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Decot....

'nuf said!

Curt

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Allan Lehman can help you.

1-800-255-0205

Many years of shooting glasses. My only gripe is the fact that my eyes changed too many times in the last 2 decades. but you can keep the frames and change only the lenses.

HM

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Hy-Wyd Decot makes an International model that has an adjustable nose piece that lets you raise the lenses to the desired height. Becareful on the perscription lenses you get, too strong a perscription will make shooting difficult. HMB

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I have 2 pair of prescription glasses. One pair is a Decot and the other is a Post 4. You can't go wrong with either one. Ed

5. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

My vote goes to Ranger's Sporter model. One prescription set of lenses & your choice of tints provided by clip ons. If your eyes change, & they will, you just replace the base lenses.

6. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Allan Lehman has all the major lines and is a true gentleman to deal with. He will take the time to discuss your situation with you and explain your options. IMHO Ron Renouf

7. 682b

682b Member

I like Lehman, my dad swears by Decot and Morgan provides great mail order service. I don't think any would survive in this market without a great product and exceptional service. That is my take on the optical deal. JIM

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It is best to have the target clear and sharp. You want clear sharp vision from 16 yards out to where you break the target. HMB

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The Ranger XL adjustable nose height and Decot model of the same design are OK.

Now when you go to the eye doctor after he gets your prescription close have him go to the Square Grid Pattern and fine tune your eyes, you have to do this yourself with him changing strengths, have him fine tune the lines to maximum
    fineness, You only wear these shooting not all the time, the extra strength will not bother you. I have my eyes corrected to 20/10 it really helps. I can really define the lip on the targets, I can read Remington on top and almost make out Made In USA moulded on top. Just Kidding on the last, but I can really make out the lip on the Dome on thrown target.

See if your eyes can be corrected to 20/10, have your prescription ground by a lens grinder that can put your PD in the correct position on your lenses, it shoul be high in the lens right exactly where you are looking through the lens, which on a right eyed shooter is in the left quadrant.

On shooting glasses it is not in the center of the lens, as you do not look square ahead down the Bbl.

Put on a pair of shooting glasses and look down the Bbl and have someone put a dot where your pupil is at in the lens, that is where you want you prescription center ground at.

Bud Decot Knows this as do other shooting eye doctors.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. bling 27

bling 27 Member

I have Post 4 , they are GREAT !! Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.