1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PERSCRIPTION INSERTS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Browning Guy, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

Any body heard of the perscription inserts that you can install behind the shooting glass lense that are like glasses on top of glasses. Anybody know where I can get them? Price?

2. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

Randolph Ranger is the manufacturer of what you are looking for. Various dealers offer them. I have a buddy who swears by them. You can buy various sets of plain lenses, and then have your eye guy make the inserts, or send your Rx to Randolph and they will make the inserts. I think the cost is around $300 for the frames, set of 3 colored lenses (your choice)plus the cost of the prescription lens.

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Sved Optics will make prescription inserts for just about any glasses that you have. I have been using them for about 5 years. Their website is Svedoptics.com

4. Dickgshot

Forgot to add. I paid $ 170 which included a half moon bifocal at the bottom of the lens.

5. roty03

roty03 TS Member

NYX has a pretty good system..... check their website out: nyxsportsglasses.com. I wear Post-4 glasses myself, but shoot with several guys that really like the NYX glasses. They cost about $250 with 3 different lens colors. Good Luck!

Linda

6. finger

finger TS Member

NYX makes pretty good frames and colored lens inserts. They use the Sved Rx inserts in them. I have a set in a case and use them frequently. The Sved insert is a bit on the fragile side tho. They glue the lens to the nose bridge and its a bit of a hassle if one comes off.

Last year I purchased a set of frames and lenses from HiDefSpecs. They have their own Rx insert for these...and are VERY expensive. Mine were well over $800 for the frames/case/RX insert/4 sets of lenses. I do like the way I see targets through these but they are heavy and are a pain to wear for more than the time it takes to shoot a gun in skeet. I'll likely go back to wearing the NYX some of the time. bob finger

7. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

I already have the frame and the three different colored lenses from Randolph. Is there any way that I can just get the inserts??

8. Dickgshot

Re-read my post. I gave you the answer already.

9. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Browning Guy, the Ranger XLW uses the inserts. The regular Ranger XL doesn't.

Check Texas Shooters Optical.

Best,
    Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.