1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perry is dead meat

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Perry's pastor friend shot Perry in the foot. With his refusal to disavow the words of his pastor friend Perry just shot himself in the head.

....."I would call upon Gov. Perry to repudiate the sentiment and the remarks made by that pastor," Romney said at a news conference in Lebanon, N.H., hours before a GOP presidential debate.

Perry, through a spokesman, refused to disavow the pastor, Robert Jeffress, who heads a 10,000-strong Baptist congregation in Dallas.....

.....Later, in comments to reporters, Jeffress went much further.

"Rick Perry's a Christian. He's an evangelical Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ," Jeffress said. "Mitt Romney's a good moral person, but he's not a Christian. Mormonism is not Christianity. It has always been considered a cult by the mainstream of Christianity....."

2. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Perhaps somebody should shoot Miss Keet in the head, it would improve her looks and disposition. Instead of dead meat, she would be "dead skank".

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Oh the irony of a liberal jackass posting about Perry needing to refute a pastor when Obama never refuted Rev. Jeremiah Wright for saying "God damn America".

4. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Whether or not Mitt is a Christian has no bearing on his ability to run the country. Lots of guys have claimed to be Christian and then did some pretty unchristian things (think Clinton, Kennedy and FDR to name but a few) One of the attacks on Jefferson in the 1800 election was that he wasn't a Christian. I seriously doubt one's faith should be an issue. Character and intelligence are far more important. I've known many Mormons over the years and all were good, upstanding highly patriotic and steadfastly moral men and women. That's all I require of my political leaders.

That being said, Mormonism does not pass the test of Christian orthodoxy. It's an American religion that has some connection to mainstream Christianity but since it fails to fully embrace the basic tenants of faith as laid out in both the Apostle's Creed and the Nicene Creed it fails. It differs on the Trinity, the singular deity of Christ, the existence and nature of heaven and hell, the nature of sin, the method of redemption and the physical resurrection of Christ. Deny any one of these and you are not a Christian. I spent 5 years at a Bible college, 26 years in Christian education and 2 years as a pastor. Even having said all of this, I would not have interjected Mitt's faith into any public discussion. Only his charater and leadership count and I don't hear anyone questioning those. FWIW, I'm not voting for him either at this point. I honestly haven't made up my mind on any candidate yet except the one in the White House. He will NOT get my vote.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Well said ombg.

6. 100straight

100straight Member

We should only want a Christian President (read "Saved") if we want God to bless America. For those who feel no need for God's blessing, it means nothing. I doubt America will elect a truly saved Christian ever again, but I keep praying.

Mark.

7. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I once voted for a saved president...Jimmy Carter was his name. He is from what I can tell, a genuine Christian man. I don't think God blessed us for putting him in office.

8. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

What omgb said...twice.

milt

9. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

more wishful thinking on the part of extremly dumb Liberal, lunitic fruitcake named mrskeet.

10. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

What does "being saved" have to do with even marginally effective leadership of the US of A? That is a personal decision anyone can resolve to do. Some here make it sound like 12 years of good college.

I am NOT denigrating a personal relationship with Christ, OK?

11. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

I am a Mormon, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I find it sadly fascinating how many "experts" there are on the Church these days. I can assure you all that we view Jesus Christ as the Saviour of mankind, a belief every member will share. Evidently, that belief doesn't qualify one as a Christian,which fascinates me. If you would like to learn about the Church from those who really do understand it, go to www.lds.org and spend a few minutes finding out who we really are.
    Dave Holmes

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I dont care if we get an atheist, just as long as the Muslim goes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.