1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perrazi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by paramedic, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paramedic

paramedic TS Member

Would there be any type of Perrazi guns that one should steer clear of. Certain models cause any paticular problems. Thanks

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Don't know that there any that "cause particular problems" but there are some, such as the MT6 that are slow movers.

3. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

O/U that has been backbored. Barrel with side ribs that go to the receiver. If numbers don't match look for galling on receiver.

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Compare to other guns, there're no bad Perazzis.

There are some Perazzis better than other Perazzis. Usually price is a good indicator with the exception of MT6.

MT6 was not popular because it's different, it's original barrel under lug/forend doesn't interchange with other models. It has a unique receiver with groves on it that doesn't look like a Perazzi. So people turn away from it.

But most people do not see where it came from. It was a state of the art shotgun at it's time, it's the first model with barrel selector and factory choke tubes in both barrels as standard feature. It meant to be different.

What most people do not understand is, unlike some of the Perazzi economy models, MT6 has the expensive (to make) squared monobloc like their bench mark MX-8. This is one important feature for longevity.

If you must have a Perazzi "Perazzi", pay the price and get a MX-8. If you want a perfectly serviceable Perazzi, get one of those "Odd ball" models.

5. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

Well said steve--infact very well said

6. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

AND - if you check out the price lists from the late 70's/early 80's you'll see that the MT6 listed MORE than a Mirage. I have two of the 80's MT6's, both Type4's in every way, and they are just fine. I don't know if they're actually superior to the other Perazzis (7) in the safe here but they are surely the equals any way I know and care to measure. And since the same gun lives on today with different names on it the rep could use some adjusting.

JMO of course

Charlie

7. porky

porky TS Member

Try to stay with the MX 8. They are the most reliable of all the perazzi's.

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The MX-8 built the Perazzi name... but don't think for a moment it's any better than any other square mono-block drop trigger Perazzi.. They are all the same.. just different numbers.. Same for the MT-6.. we know know as the MX2000S.. The parts all comer out the same parts bin.. Just lipstick and powder..

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Find you a nice clean MX-2000/8 Combo and be done with it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. perazzi97

perazzi97 TS Member

I have a mx10 and it is built like a tank it's a little heavy but besides that it's a great gun very reliable. It was my first trap gun and I plan on keeping it for a while. Tyler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perrazi problems