1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perrazi?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I've heard that Perrazi as a company has fiscal problems. There are also some issues with ribs getting loose (on newer guns) and poor factory backing. If these are mere rumors that I've heard...please correct me if I am wrong.

Now if all is really true, and not rumor, wouldn't it not be cool of Perrazi was sold to a German company...look what production has done for the Lamborghinni sports car, the Husky motorcycle that went from Sweden to Italy to BMW, the engine in the Mini-Cooper, etc.

I've often felt that the Italians and English and we Americans design and invent; the Germans and the Japanese and we Americans (the latter in non-consumer goods), rub their hands together and produce quality when motivated.

Can one imagine, say, Perrazi's made by Merkel? Or, taking the Germans out of the loop, by Husky of Sweden?

Yup, I have cabin fever...

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

That rumor has been around since I started shooting n the late 80s. Too, the about trap shooting ending shortly. The sell you guns one.

3. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

Just a bunch of stupid rumors that have no merit and do not need to be stoked on this site.

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Good to know those are rumors; and I emphasize rumors since two in the know set me straight, i.e., MIA and Rich. I really cherish my TM-1 that's rather fresh and clean. Thanks guys...

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Oh, I misspell things. Maybe "Perrazi" is a knock off type "Perazzi" made somewhere on some small island off of Taiwan? That's why my P-Gun looks a little rough???

I misspell lotsa stuff...did so in foreign language courses I took in school, besides in English. Is it possible to be a bi-lingual mis-speller or bi-lingual dyslexic? Curious minds wish to know...

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

With all due respect to German manufactures, shotgun is one exception.

I love German pistols, rifles, I drive german vehicles for the past 30 years, I even use German shavers, but I find absolutely no attraction to German shotguns. They are over complicated, unnecessarily bulky, and doesn't shoot any better than any of the other shotguns in the same price range.

If you have German to build Perazzis, it'll double the number of parts, 40% more expensive, 60% heavier, and it'll be very ugly.

7. lance howard

lance howard Member

With all due respect for our trapshooters website, I truly enjoy my Perazzi,s and I think Daniel Perazzi is truly a trap gun genius. I pose this question: I believe there are a lot more trapshooters that would enjoy a fine glass of wine and a plate of pasta than a beer, sauerkraut and a weiner. Nuff said. Lance Howard

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Corvette ZR-1 or Lambo?
    Porsche or Ferrari?
    Ljutic or Perrazi?
    'Smith or Colt?
    Steak or Lobster?
    Beer or Kenwood wine?

Ain't we lucky with so many choices?

But is not Al Ljutic just as much a "genius", or for that matter, Mr. Tom Seitz or Mr. Bill Cole? Let alone Mr. Browning? God bless 'em all!!

9. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

"From: Steve W
    Email:
    Date: Wed, Feb 02, 2011 - 07:12 PM ET
    Website Address:
    With all due respect to German manufactures, shotgun is one exception.

I love German pistols, rifles, I drive german vehicles for the past 30 years, I even use German shavers, but I find absolutely no attraction to German shotguns. Their are over complicated, unnecessarily bulky, and doesn't shoot any better than any of the other shotguns in the same price range.

If you have German to build Perazzis, it'll double the number of parts, 40% more expensive, 60% heavier, and it'll be very ugly."

I'd go with more like triple the number of parts and VERY UGLY, but other than that Steve is running right at 100%

Charlie

10. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Those rumors were started about 1980 and they were traced back to a town in Germany. I think it was Ulm.

11. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

I guess then in a few months Perazzi will be forced to sell their "new junk" for $1500 or less. That will make my older one worth double what I paid new. Any takers?

12. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Anybody remember the big sale Perazzi had at the Grand one of the last years it was at Vandalia because they needed to raise a bunch of $$$? I remember it pissed of the dealers that carried big inventories of P guns. One of the people at Jaqua's told me that was why they quit being a Perazzi dealer.
    I also remember credible sources saying that Beretta had bailed Perazzi out of financial trouble on at least 1 occasion.
    Steve W may be able to comment on this if he's inclined.

13. setool

setool Member

I'll take a brat and beer, please !!!

Mark Schneider

14. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Actually, Perazzi is having a price INCREASE and does so each January or February.

Whiz White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.