1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perrazi TMI: Wish to know value

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sako2115, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

Hi,

I have a 1973 34" TMI Perrazi, Ithica import. Standard wood. Gun is mechanicaly very fresh and has not been shot much. It is tight. The wood is nicer than average for standard grade. The gun has never been "messed with" re. the barrel, the barrel is 40/1000 choke. No porting, forcing cones, backbore, etc. Barrel is "in proof". Only major "wear" of note is bluing wear on understide area of receiver.

Gun has a Bowen release trigger set up.

I am curious about its value; no case however. It looked clean and nice and I bought it as an investment only 'cause it doesn't quite fit me and I would have to get used to the release.

Thanks

2. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

MIA is probably close for a pull triggered gun, but the Bowen release raises the value by $200-250 and if it has a split comb stock raise another $100. A downside is that all Ithaca imports had parallel ribs vs tapered ribs and most people prefer tapered. I just bought a parallel, however, and have shot it 2 days with 2 25's from 16 yds and 1 from 27. I like it! If you want to shoot a pull trigger, just remove the release hook and presto, a pull trigger....or if you don't want to mess with it I'll trade you a pull trigger for it. xxxjustamobuzz@yahoo.comxxx. (Remove the X's)

Buz

3. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

Thanks for your advice guys. I likely "should" not have a Perrazi; I took out the trigger and have difficulties putting it back into the gun...help; the faux safety is so hard to hold forward...guess Perrazi guns with removable triggers and klutzes (klutzii?) don't mix...Thanks.

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The Perazzi TM-1 and TMX should still be built . It is the only mistake Perazzi made not keeping the TM-1 & TMX in production . Would have sold a Billion plus .

5. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Put the front lip of the trigger in first. With the gun right side up, put your thumb on the safety, and place your index finger around the rear of the trigger guard. As you push on the safety with your thumb, pull the rear of the trigger up into place. If it's really difficult, your stock bolt may be too tight (it's disfiguring the trigger opening).

If Perazzi started up the TM-1/TMX line they'd only be taking away from themselves - as nobody would be buying those POS MX-15's. You have to remember that the single barrel gun is a US-only item. Skeet, international, bunker, etc all allow two shots. Perazzi would have the expense of another production line only to sell fewer of their own guns.

6. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Put the front lip of the trigger in first. With the gun right side up, put your thumb on the safety, and place your index finger around the rear of the trigger guard. As you push on the safety with your thumb, pull the rear of the trigger up into place. If it's really difficult, your stock bolt may be too tight (it's disfiguring the trigger opening).

If Perazzi started up the TM-1/TMX line they'd only be taking away from themselves - as nobody would be buying those POS MX-15's. You have to remember that the single barrel gun is a US-only item. Skeet, international, bunker, etc all allow two shots. Perazzi would have the expense of another production line only to sell fewer of their own guns.

7. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

On some TM's it's easier to insert if the hammer is cocked.

Rickyd

8. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

Well IMO there is a "better" TM1 available today; it's a "secret", but it is a KX-5 IMO or a Ljutic.

9. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Nah........A ljutic is like swinging a coffee table compared to a TM1; and the KX5 is too nose heavy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.