1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Permit to Carry for Sex Offenders?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by g7777777, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

So a full two pages and part of another page had coverage of this issue in todays state paper.

Some of you have a 12 year old daughter or remember when your sister was 12

Or you have seen a homeless person

Keep that in mind for a second

One case details forced sex acts with a 12 year old girl.

One profile was a 26 year old that at 17 comitted 3 sexual acts with a 12 year old girl. I wont detail those but they happened when she was out mushroom hunting and he spied her.

Now years later he must receive a concealed carry permit as required by law "must issue"

He has one encounter where he drew his ruger 45 on a homeless person. He claims he felt threatened. He says the homeless person left and nothing happened but he also states [ I would rather have seen him dead]

So baby and bathwater scenario here. Is this the type of rights we think truly fall in the 2nd Amendment and second question is-- what do the majority of Americans or parents think about this and do they use this to categorize all gun owners?

Are we willing to sacrifice our 2nd Amendment righs attempting to argue that these people have the right to carry concealed firearms when they have performed these acts and admit to wanting to see people dead?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

I think you need about a 6 month timeout.

3. g7777777

Rick here he had to be issued the permit. The sheriff, when interviewed, states he would have denied it

I am not certain that would vary that much in "must issue" states

So the question remains- would you throw the baby out with the bathwater and stand with this guys "rights"?

Just think about him forcing sex acts on your 12 year old daughter or using homeless people for target practice if he thinks they might harm him?

I am pretty certain that the founding fathers did not forsee this happening.

In fact I am not certain they even forsaw someone surving forced sex acts on 12 year old girls.

Gene

4. g7777777

Rick it is front page news-- I havent posted anything that isnt on the front page.

Front page and in this case 2 full inside pages.

On the air and in the paper-

It is going on as we speak-

It is fish or cut bait time here on these issues-

I dont see it as an all or nothing thing but apparently some people do. A very few want to tell anyone- as in 90 percent of Americans-- shut up stupid, no regulation of firearms or people is allowed.

The people that use this site and the vast majority of gun owners in America are having their 2nd Amendment rights thrown out in the surge that is building.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Rick,

Your answer is: OCD and NEUROSIS blot out common sense every time. He is a poster child for both. Sadly, he has found a social outlet here for his unwitting anxieties.

Kip

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Surprised me that these perverts got permits. I alway thought sex offences were felonies which would eliminate their chance for a permit.

7. aabradley82

aabradley82 TS Member

problem with this story is that he was alive to get a permit. Everybody missed the real problem with the story. Just my thoughts.

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I agree Bradley, but the sticking point is he wasn't convicted of a felony, just a misdemeanor, guess his parents paid for a good or sorry a$$ lawyer depends on what side of the fence you are on

Who Chesty needs to be railing about is the judge that let the pervert go on a misdemeanor but all he is ready to do is give up his second amendment rights

9. Catpower

Gene was probably the lawyer that got the kid off with just a misdemeanor

10. 548

548 Guest

Another point not brought up in the article or the above comments so far. In far too many cases, juveniles records are wiped clean at age 18 and they begin adulthood with a clean slate. Maybe that's even what occurred here.

11. jmas

jmas TS Member

Gene:
    I learned a long time ago to not believe everything that I read in the Des Moines Register. Most of their columnists seem, to me, to have an agenda.

Jan M.

12. Catpower

Gene will believe and promote anything that is anti gun

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Maybe we need to see what the homeless person looks like. ;-)

I guess the Bathwater Theorem must be: If someone, anyone manages to worm their way through the legal system, ALL of us should give up our guns.

Bob Falfa

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I HEREBY NOMINATE THIS AS THE DUMBEST THREAD OF 2013.

15. Catpower

Never under estimate 77777777777Gene from Regards, Iowa

16. Mac55555mn

Mac55555mn TS Member

if this is even true the system failed . spin doctors will make this look like what ever they want. Brad

17. Itchyb

Itchyb TS Member

Brian, a like button is needed on this website, let's petition David to get it done.

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gene from Idiot Out Wondering Around, you are a poster child for the moron club. However, that is my opinion and certainly nobody here would agree with me.

19. g7777777

grnobraintrain-- have you ever added anything of value to any thread? I have over time seen hundreds of your post- no information and no value to any of them.

Now on this particular issue that Mr. Barker found out he was incorrect on; does anyone doubt that these people can be found throughout concealed carry permit holders? Not many, but a few? That is what happens when you say must issue unless you agree some people shouldnt be issued permits, some categories of people.

Guess what you would get if national concealed carry were allowed? Some of these people.

To the original point of the thread-- the American public isnt going to accept this or accept being told they are stupid and shut up and when they start throwing the bathwater out there will some babies in it.

Smokers tried this shut up stupid approach for many years and now they hid or sneak out of buildings.

Forget grnobrain what your handlers tell you to say-- just admit some people, like the guy in the article should not have that type of right, which by the way isnt mentioned in the 2nd Amendment

Regards from Iowa

Gene

20. Catpower

GeneIpoststuffandneverreadit The guy was only given a misdemeanor charge, that is why he can get one legally

Is it right? No Is it the law? Yes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.