1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect shotgun for trap and skeet

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Traders, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

Perfect shotgun for trap and skeet. Hard to miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8&feature=related

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WOoUVeyaY_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pity the NRA's FOPA'86 banned them for private ownership.

3. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

In years past, it was either a Winchester Model 12 or a Remington Model 31 with two barrels: a 26" improved cylinder skeet barrel and a 30" full choke trap barrel.

I have seen several of these sets and the shooters who knew how to use them. I remember one Model 31 that had a number which I think was 1056 engraved on the underside of the trigger guard representing the number of consecutive skeet targets shot by the original owner.

My friend, Robert Bristow of Mt. Washington, KY, now deceased, bought the model 31 set for about $200 at auction as it was well worn and not a thing of beauty. He then proceeded to win the Kentucky State Handicap with it. A year later, he won more than his annual salary by coming in 2nd or 3rd in a major shoot at the Grand.

Another Kentucky shooter and wildlife artist, Chuck Crume of Shepardsville, KY, had a similar Model 12 with two barrels. Chuck won several major skeet events with it.

Both men were avid quail hunters who used their skeet guns for that purpose. They would drop 3 cock birds on the rise with shots fired so fast that you would think that they were shooting machine guns. I was very fortunate to have been introduced to trap shooting by these great shooters.

On one outing, we cleaned out a bunch of pigeons that had taken up roost in Chuck's son in laws dairy barn which is a fire hazard. We slowly walked around the side of the barn and then went inside. You should have seen the feathers fly.

Ed Ward

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"...Both men were avid quail hunters who used their skeet guns for that purpose. They would drop 3 cock birds on the rise with shots fired so fast that you would think that they were shooting machine guns. I was very fortunate to have been introduced to trap shooting by these great shooters...."</i>

My grandfather preferred his Win Model 12 over his Rem Model 11 because the Model 12 was faster for cycling. This was due to the lack of a disconnector. He had the gun swung into the next shot as the action closed.

5. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

A Model 12 Trap and a Model 12 Skeet like these two will work just fine...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

prefect skeet shotgun

perfect gun for skit

perfect shotgun form for trap

perfect skeet gun