1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect example of untrained SWAT police...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  2. Garry

Garry Active Member

Brian,

If this is an EOTech, which model is it?

Thanks

3. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

There are so many issues with this situation! He never qualified with his weapon, his buddies didn't catch it, or was this a strange situation and this Officer just got this rifle and sight and in an adrenaline infused situation threw it on and responded to an unexpected situation only to be photographed?

Regardless, it doesn't look like he is looking down the sight as some articles claims, but it is an unacceptable situation to say the least!

REALLY, backwards sight? Wow that is bad! Although a very few on this site would argue that the officer shouldn't even be allowed to use a "military type" weapon with a "military type sight" even though they have the same rifle setup in their gun safe... Go figure...

4. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I don't think it was adrenaline, but probably one of those 24 oz. sugar drinks.

5. redfin

redfin TS Member

on thing i have learned in my life is that cops are not firearms experts! joseph

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a Nephew that is a SWAT Team Commander in Lake County Illinois and former Special Forces (retired)... I sent him that article and he said there is no way in hell that any SWAT Team member in Lake County Illinois would be allowed to have any firearm in their possion that they have not been fully trained on and passed all Dept, State, and Federal regs before being issued any weapon they have not been qualified on ... This guy obviously got under the radar ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Photoshopped!!

Curt

8. steele

steele TS Member

Was the pic altered? Maybe. The article mentioned an "over night" standoff. Looks pretty bright to be night time. Butch from Pgh

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Butch- The incident started the morning of the 13th, and continued until the morning of the 14th.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Garry, quote: <i>"If this is an EOTech, which model is it?"</i>

It appears to be one of the new short length XPS models that uses a cross ways CR123 battery. Which specific XPS model it could be is unknown, because you'd have to be able to look at the switches and display.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

threads of swat example