1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Percision fit stock for SKB ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bob_K, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

A casual perusal of their website does not show one for the SKB.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

They don't currently offer one for the SKB, and i doubt they ever will, not nearly enough popularity to justify the cost of a mold...

3. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

I also own an SKB and would not trade it or sell it. I personaly think its the most under rated trap gun out there I have a tss 85 unsingle. altho I have to admit there older fireing pins and springs did have a limited life. f this helps SKB does sell blanks fancy or plain and they may have a stock fitter. look them up on there web site and call them there great people to deal with.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Make your own.. I made one for a 9478 Savage.. If you post some pictures of your tang.. with wood off.. and measurements.. lets see what comes close.. Then.. there is always 2 part epoxy putty to fill in the rest.. It's not rocket science...just takes time.. All Good.. Mike
    [​IMG]

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Vern would do great selling a stock adaptor for a 870 pump/58 auto.. but so far.. nothing.. I made one for my 870 pump..and did magical things from the 27 yard line with a 34" Hastings barrel.. For 1 shot.. a good trigger on a 870.. is as good as anything else you'll shoot 1 shot with.. I promise.. it's not the arrow..and Lord knows.. I've played with them all..

6. vatrap

vatrap Member

Mike is on the right track, I figured out how to fit one to a Martini action that was made for a Seitz. An 870 one could be fitted in a couple of hours with a drill press and a good set of files and maybe a dremel tool.

Mike

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

85.. what is the length of the top tang.. how wide front and rear??? same for bottom tang please... Looks like Browning/Perazzi might be close..

Remember to lay the gun out with wooden stock..on a paper top table.. using a marksalot.. draw the top rib/barrel.. and factory stock/comb.. so as you fit the PFS grip/stock.. you can keep the correct alignment..

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

With what I have here.. the Perazzi seems the closest... You'll need a chainsaw file.. (round).. a flat file.. and a tube of 2 part epoxy putty..from what I can see.. A dremel tool with a few wood burrs is always helpful too.. and I also use a little saran wrap..when i force the receiver into to epoxy.. If not.. use a release agent..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.