1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Percent of custom fit Perazzi ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

It is my understanding that if you purchase a NIB Perazzi that custom fitting of the stock to you is included in the purchase price.

Wonder what percentage of new Perazzis are in fact custom fit to the original purchaser ?

And if it is not high, given the original purchase price and the strong position that trap shooters take that gun fit is everything... Why don't they take the time to get their Perazzi custom fit ?

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Only partly true and I don't know if it still is. When you buy a NEW Perazzi AT THE GRAND AMERICAN TRAPSHOOTING TOURNAMENT.

3. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

So if I order a NIB Perazzi from an advertising Perazzi retail dealer and travel to either his location or to Perazzi USA in California, they don't custom fit me as part of the retail price ?

RutabagaDave thanked this.
  4. WBD

WBD Member

I bought an MX 2000/3 skeet gun at the 2011 NSSA World Shoot and was fit by Lucio Sosta and my dealer, John Herkowitz with Pacific Sporting Arms, both of Azusa, CA. 5 months later my gun arrived. Shot my best skeet scores ever in 20+ years of skeet shooting this year with this gun. Great fit/recoil is managed well and no recoil reduction in this gun whatsoever. Fits that good! I highly recommend this option, if you can stand to wait for your gun to be made. W

5. Guy

Guy Member

It's because most dopes gotta have it NOW.....they will buy an off the rack gun NOW....chop it up with adjustable bullshit.....just so they can have it NOW.

Custom stocks at purchase have always been available from Ljutic.....and from Perazzi, a long time too.

You just have to be willing to wait awhile. In the case of Ljutic, maybe 6 weeks.

6. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Yes, if you order a new gun, it can be fitted to you and the stock custom made. There is no charge from an authorized dealer. Most people aren't willing to wait a couple months for delivery and just buy a gun off the shelf from the dealers inventory. The other side of the equation is that dealers that discount their guns below retail generally sell you what they have and are not likely to offer this service.

Keep in mind that a brand new SC2 grade stock/forend ordered to your specifications runs around $2000-$2500. So if you can buy a new gun at a discounted price that is at least $2500 below the custom ordered gun, then you can still come out ahead.

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Are they building you a demo stock with bondo that you can go shoot for a couple months and send back to have duplicated (like Wenig or Devault), or are they using a try-stock to get your measurements, without you ever actually test firing the gun/stock at those measurements before your final wood is cut? The former is greatly preferable to the latter.

I personally would never have a custom stock made that didn't have a demo stock originally, that I could shoot a tweak for a few months before I had the final one cut.

Either way, if possible, you're probably better off buying the gun without wood if possible, and having Wenig/Devault/Hillmer (in no particular order) make you a custom stock. They understand modern stockfitting techniques, and understand american style stock design and requirements. Devault would be my first choice, as our thoughts on stock design and fit most closely match.

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The only time I bought a new Perazzi was in 1984 and before they offered adjustable combs. The dealer had many stocks available and I picked out one with so called European numbers. It had a bit of cast/off at the comb and twist at the toe and the highest fixed comb Monte Carlo style available at the time. The American stock numbers were basically neutral. I still do not own a gun with an adjustable comb but I do use a Cheekeez pad to get a soft comb and the right drop for me. I have an average build (for a trapshooter).

9. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Nice shotgun.

10. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

If I read the Perazzi catalog and retail price list correctly...

And extra buttstock has a retail price of about $1,000.

If so, could one be measured for the custom stock and have Perazzi make it while you shoot the gun using the standard factory stock ?

Might have one with an adjustable-comb.

Then when the custom dimensioned stock is ready, either keep the standard stock or sell it for some recovery of its initial price.

11. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

The $1000 price is for a base level, non-adjustable stock. Add a few bucks for an adjustable comb, and a few more bucks for nice wood grain, then of course the forend has to have comparable grain to the stock..you end up at the $2500 number that I quoted above. But yes, you are exactly correct.

12. Nutso

Nutso Member

Of course the main reason for adjustable junk is to compensate for physical changes, face shape, shoulder, and weight. And of course shooting style. Over time all these things change and the adjustable junk keeps the gun shooting as expected. The real challenge with the adjustable stuff is to keep from adjusting it between every bad day at the range.

13. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Nutso, in my opinion if a trap gun don't have the adjustable junk on it it is "JUNK"

14. Smiley

Smiley Member

probably the best thing to do is to use the measurement of the gun you are using. If you are using that gun at what you would consider as very well then regardless of what make it is the measurement that are the essential items not the brand of gun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

buying a new perazzi stock to fit

custom order a perazzi mx

perazzi custom fit

perazzi custom shotgun fitting

perazzi gun fitting

perazzi stock measurements