1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perceived recoil in target guns?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike cross, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike cross

mike cross TS Member

I shoot a FABARMS Sporting Clays O/U and find my felt recoil is signicantly lower than my Belgium Browning Broadway. Some folks say they have guns which kick less than others, I thought it might be a function of changes in newer designs but I recently tried a B. Rizzini Veritex which I was considering buying but I encountered significant face splap with that gun. I am looking to replace the Fabarms as the guns are no longer imported into the United States. What do you guys think?

You will find this question on muliple websites, I just wanted to cover the waterfront.

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The guns weight mixed with how the stock/pitch and length works for you makes more difference in felt recoil than the make of shotgun.

Hap

3. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Except for automatics which have considerable less felt recoil, Hap has hit the nail on the head. Post-2

4. Alamo

Alamo Member

I have a 1967 Belgian Browning Broadway that I bought a year ago. Shot a round of doubles and promptly bruised my shoulder. Changed pitch two days later and bruise went away even though I continued to shoot it. Enjoy the gun and do not have any plans to get rid of it. Amazing what a very small change in pitch can do for a shooter.

Larry Hancock

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Amazing responses about Browning Broadways on this and other threads where a hard kicking gun is mentioned. I have a Broadway that I bought in 1970 that I have shot continously since then. No bruising, recoil issues, snot kicking or any of the other problems attributed to the gun. Could be because I have a stock that fits me.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.