1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi's glove stock and short rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goatskin, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

[​IMG]

2. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

I would think that while this thumbgrove would make the gun feel great, it seems that it would be in the way of the thumb as one opened it.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The short rib make more sense than the glove stock. It's a shotgun not free pistol.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

People at the Grand who have tried it find it amazing....

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

THE Bunker gun !!!

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The gun was fantastic.. If the grip fit me.. it would be even more fantastic.. My order will soon be in.. I'm going with Giacomo to Italy in a few months to be fitted.. Works great with my eyes..and the stock really feels good..just didn't fit me.. A Very dynamic gun.. This gun might get me back into shooting.. All Good.. Mike

7. 20yard

20yard TS Member

I had a chance to visit the factory and I liked the feel of the grip, again as stated it will need modification to your hand, but seems like it is a more comfortable position and I expect would yield better consistency in grip on the gun and mount. The same gun had the short length high rib installed. The gun felt well balanced. Unfortunately the only thing I bought was a fabulous lunch at the place down the street recommended by Perazzi.

8. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

That stock is very popular in Europe several top international shooters are using it for skeet and trap and bunker. The olympic gold metal winner in trap was using one and lots of the skeet shooters were using it also. If you watch the shotgun events on ISSF on your computer you will see the stock on many of the top shooters. I think it will be the next rage here very soon as the pros know what works.

9. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I truely liked the gun - however - $16,400.00 for an O/U with a short rib is just a bit over the top. Oh - they called one of the guns Perazzi had at the Grand a MX-2005. But I think it is still an MX-8.

At this moment in time, Perazzi will not sell just the barrel and told me to talk to a dealer and perhaps the dealer could order a gun with a 2 bbl set and then sell one of the barrels to me.

I own an MX-3 special and I suspect that if I picked up a regular MX-8 type O/U barrel (got it fitted it of course) I could get DeVault industries to re-do the barrel so it had the 1/3 length rib and an appropriatly matched stock fitted by Dennis and the team it would cost significantly less than 16 Grand. Or I could have Dennis just re-do the o/u bbls I have and the cost would go down another 3 thousand or so cause I would not have buy another bbl and get it fitted.

My problem with the new gun is I think it is way overpriced.

10. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I think the saw grip would be great for unmounted games, not sure if it is for American Trap.

11. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Shooters......Perazzi had the right and left handed guns at the Grand. You have to hold'em and point'em to really appreciate the feel of the stock and the quick look to the target and target area. The "glove grip" will sell. As for the rib; Al Ljutic had the idea and the rib many, many years ago. They are very nice......RUN'EM

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I've got a E-mail into Dennis.. to see what he can do with this.. I have a MX10 barrel that would make the conversion easily as it has no fixed to rib..

13. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

The short rib was used on a Beretta O/U about 4 years ago. The system was used to win the world bunker championship in Cairo. As for the stock I played around with that style of grip about 7 years ago but had problems with recoil to the thumb on heavy loads. The grip has to be made to the shooters hand and that takes fitting time that alot of people don't want to take the time to do. Just my two cents worth.

Dennis DeVault

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Ljutic did this many years ago. He played with all kinds of short ribs. Some looked very similar to the Pgun except they weren't adjustable.

15. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I need a picture of the Perazzi rib we are talking about.. Please send it to either me.. Perazzi@att.net or Dennis DeVault.. Thanks Mike

16. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Bob Hawkes has one on a k-80 I think. Maybe he can post a picture. Bill

17. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

18. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

IMHO - the old beretta that is ported halfway down the barrel looks really ugly - the perazzi at the GA looked great. Imagine the last beretta with the 1/2 rib with an even shorter rib but adjustable.

19. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Don't you just know that the young man who just won the $100K will be right up there in line to get one of the first ones? ;o) Regards, Ed

20. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

The short rib has some practicality in international Trap Doubles, but is just another high rib for everything else, unless you want to keep barrel weight down a bit, and maybe reduce windage a taste.

al-Maktoum's, OTOH, has <i>style</i>, but he was the last person to shoot that pattern of porting.

I can see the rationalé in the 'glove stock', but other than low-gun games, it sure is cute, isn't it?

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi glove grip stock

perazzi short rib