1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

perazzii misfiring

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shoottilithurts, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts Member

the last two times i went shooting, my perazzi failed to fire a few times. the trigger felt firm, but would not pull. i opened and closed it but it would not fire. then i moved my safety on and off a few times, then it fired for awhile, until the next misfire. i think something is wearing out, but i don't know what it is. does anyone know what the problem would be? thanks, milt luther

2. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

+1 on the cocking foot (dog). My hammer wasn't going back far enough to set, but a size bigger on the cocking foot fixed my problem. I also removed and cleaned my firing pins and the guide holes. John

3. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Had a fellow on my squad last year the JUST got his gun back from a REPUTABLE P gun repair shop (name withheld due to flamers). Anyway first shot would fire nothing on second. He fussed with the safety and had to hold it part way with his thumb and would fire second shot. Ended up taking it to a local gunsmith and the spring/leaf? that holds the safety was in backwards and was partially engaging the safety. Just a thought.

4. GIV1911

GIV1911 TS Member

Put your gun together remove your stock then open and close your gun watch to see if the hammer falls as you close the gun more than likely you've got a broken sear (corner chipped off)
    Been there pick up the phone and call Whiz White. Bryan

5. JES

JES Member

What is the perazzi you are shooting? I had an MX3 Special that started doing that and the fireing pin was dropping the metal is soft and sent to Laib to have re-enforced. Did the trick, if it continues I would serious consider having it checked. I went through alot of work on trigger, firing pins, etc, did not fix problem until I had the reenforcement done.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

JES. I don't understand what was wrong with your gun by your story. What was reinforced?

7. argus tuft

argus tuft Member

Plenty of good suggestions, probably one or more will fix it, there is another problem I had with my gun doing a similar thing. The inertia block tree where it engages with the sear over time had worn slightly and rounded itself off from the leading edge that engages the sear, this also caused some very slight rounding of the point on the sear where it engages the tree, this causes the tree to slip off the sear part of the way through pulling the trigger.

It was fixed with a couple of swipes with a diamond file to both services

Argus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.