Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PerazziBigBore has passed away

13K views 162 replies 152 participants last post by  yvonne 
#1 ·
I got the call I have been hoping I would not get today. Mike passed away this afternoon with Betty by his side. I have been thinking a lot about what I was going to say. He was a great friend to alot of people even some he never met in person. Please continue to pray for Betty. I will miss Mike a lot as will a lot of other people. I was told the funeral will be tomorrow afternoon but I will update as soon as I get the arrangement details.

It's all Good, Mike...

Joey

#52 ·
I'm very saddened to be reading this...Mike and I shared many conversations, and his passion and knowledge on firearms will be sorely missed. I believe that all of us will find peace in knowing that Mike is in a better place where he no longer has to endure anymore pain and suffering. God speed my friend. Your family will be in my prayers. Garrett

#59 ·
I thought I would cry hard when I got this news, but I just hated to see Mike suffer, and like he told me last week...he'll always be nearby.

I met Mike during my first year shooting. I was trying to raise money for an antique HC championship medal for the Trapshooting Hall of Fame. We were short quite a bit of money, and he and Earl Fairman made up the difference and made the purchase possible. Mike and I started talking a lot after that, and then met up at the Alabama state shoot. From then on, we were fast friends, emailing and calling quite a bit, and visiting at shoots and at his place in New Orleans.

Wow, what a guy! So generous, intelligent, loving towards his wife, caring, and fun. Such an interesting life story, too. Many of you don't know, because he would never let on, but he was very well off. He was just so down to earth. I just loved that about him!

I'll miss making him breakfast at the Grand. I'll miss his smile. I'll miss his enthusiasm and generosity.

My favorite story about Mike that I can tell is that he took periodic smoking breaks outside his shop in downtown New Orleans. We were standing out there one particular boisterous night, and things were gearing up. A twenty-something fine young thing walked by with her jeans literally halfway down her butt and a midi top on. She really truly had most of her butt exposed, and what a fine butt it was, too (yeah, girls look at that stuff). I knew Mike had seen her, but his eyes never wavered from looking at me and our conversation continued on. He was extremely respectful of Betty, and it made me love him even more.

I can feel Mike here with us all as I write this. You can bet he'll know what we say, and he'll be on the trap line watching people. If you feel him...he's there. I beleive that.

Love you, Mike. We will most definitely miss you, and we will watch over Betty.

#62 ·
When Mike first told of his plight, I posted a thread that he and all of us would know his measure by the number of people who would be praying for him and wishing him all the best.

I think the threads we have seen posted since the news first broke bares out that Mike had/has a lot of people who thought a great deal about him and called him their friend.

Rest in Peace, Mike.

Condolences to his bride, Betty and the rest of the family.

#63 ·
I only knew Mike from this forum. We corresponded on a few things and I bought a Beretta from him once. I prayed daily for Mike's recovery because I felt like a victory for him was like a victory for me. You see I also have cancer and mine although not as severe or probably not quite as quick acting will never the less, eventually result in the same outcome as Mike. As I wrote to Mike before he passed, God speed Mike. Maybe someday we can shoot on the same squad.

Skip Carver.

#70 ·
I got the chance to visit Mike in his shop in New Orleans and he was full of a lot of interesting stories about his past and present Devi he did show me and my friend some of the custom work he has done and said he has sold several pieces of jewerley to people like the prince of over seas country's.

Mike put us up in his over the store apartment for 2 nights and took us out to eat at a fine resturaunt he was a people person I doubt if he ever met a stranger im sure he is carrying on a conversation right now with some old friends above.

We didn't get to met Betty she was due back in a week or two from over seas but I could tell Mike really loved her, he was talking about he couldn't wait until he could get out of New Orleans so they could live where ever the house they have forgot if it was in Italy or where right now but he really enjoyed the people in the small town where they was.

At least Mike is not suffering anymore he will be missed for sure by anyone that had any contact with him.

Craig Thweatt

#71 ·
REQUIEM

Under the wide and starry sky

Dig the grave and let me die.

Glad did I live and gladly die,

And I laid me down with a will.

This be the verse you grave for me;

"Here he lies where he longed to be,

Home is the sailor, home from sea,

And the hunter home from the hill."

--Robert Louis Stevenson

#73 ·
sorry to hear this sad news, rest in peace Mike. last year at this time he was working with Dan to get my MX3 locking bolt fixed. He insisted on this site that I call him, even though i was hesitant. he gave me 3 hours of his time. I learned all i know about Perazzi from him. He loved his old vintage white van and the worn couch in his house that his mother God rest her soul, passed away on.

Sportshot

#74 ·
I was lucky to "meet" Mike through business both with the P/W and Perazzi.

We spoke many, many times on the phone and I always enjoyed his N/O drawn, so to speak. He always invited my down for a "good cup of coffee."

He even offered to pick up some stuff for me when he was in Italy. And, he and Betty, I believe, were buying a small villa in Italy to retire in.

What a shame to lose such a fine gentleman. He was first class, respectful, and always had a kind word and greeting.

I am reminded that when we "cash in our chips," it's not how many chips we have, but how many people we have touched. It is quite obvious that Mike has touched many, many of us in the trapshooting family, and I am thankful for being in that family.

May his soul rest in peace and he is "on the line" at the big shoot up there!

Jim "Whiz" White

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.