1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzibigbore cancer results

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

OK.. I'm back from the Doctors visit today.. I'm in stage 4 at 3 different locations.. They told me there is no cure.. but if the chemo works.. it might buy me months.. or years.. There is really no way of knowing.. They said my cell count was 2 low.. and my roken jaw must heal before the will start Chemo.. which is set for the 25th of this month..

mean while.. I'm doing everything I can to get an appointment with Dr. Jaffer Ajani at MD Anderson in Houston Texas.. My Doctor knows him.. and is going to send me in as a referal..or anyway I can see him.. Something will break loose..and hopefully I'll see him soon..

This was my first really bad morning.. I think stress had alot to do with it.. I'm doing much better now.. Love you guys and gal.. Mike

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Take care, Mike.
    Steve

3. vhntr1

vhntr1 Member

Stay tuff your in my prayers Mar

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

My dear friend Mike, I lost my father last week, and now one of my aunt is fighting stage 4 lung cancer using two new medicines, expensive, but it might work. I'll get you those names later after I talk to her doc.

Keep fighting, I'll pray for you everyday.

Steve

Just got it, it's call "IRESSA". ask your doc. about it. One stage 4 patient is on it for 4 years.

5. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

G-SQUARED IS NOW LOCATED IN POST FALLS IDAHO!
    I'm so sorry Mike! I have been following this from the beginning and I don't have the words to express how disappointed I was to hear this. Just know that my thougths and prayers have been with you from the beginning and will remain with you until you beat this ... and I know you will. Go to the best doctors, get second and third opinions, do what the doctors say, and above all know that you can and will beat this. Do your best to keep a positive attitude, and kick this things butt. All the best to you friend, we are ALL pulling for you every minute of every day! Mike

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

God Mike, I hate to hear that. Keep up the good attitude and we'll pray for the best. Bob

7. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

M.D. Anderson is where I prayed you'd settle on.

The best in the opinion of many. Cured my cousin 5 years ago when his case was stated to be hopeless. He attended my son's recent funeral and looks great...very active for a 70 year old...

Best wishes Mike,

milt

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

AS long as you have an ounce of strength in you Mike...use it to fight...praying for you every day!!..your buddy in Maryland , CalvinMD

9. fdiesel

fdiesel Member

May God bless you, and your family as they stand by your side and support you! I also pray that the Dr. in Texas will apply his knowledge to get you well!

Darryl Hayes
    97-00767

10. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Active Member

Mike, I wish you the best. You have a lot of friends that are pulling for you. Some like me who have never met you, just read your post on this site. I will pray for you and your family.
    Thanks,
    Jim Bradbury

11. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Mike, I recently learned that there is a huge difference in cancer doctors. My best shooting buddy, who posts on here as "Quattle," developed throat cancer about a year ago. Several doctors around here (south-central Pennsylvania) told him surgery was his only hope and that he would lose his voice. His employer insisted that he go to the Sloan-Kettering center in NYC.

There, he was told that there was only a 2% chance he would need surgery and they started him on a eight-week regiment of chemo and radiation on alternating days. He lost 75 pounds and felt so bad that he almost wished he had died but today, he's back shooting and enjoying life. They have him back for check-ups every few months but so far, he's been cancer-free every time. His only residual effect of the treatments is a somewhat hoarse voice.

I hope you have similar results with the doctor you're about to see.

Ed

12. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Mike,

You, and yours, have the prayers and best wishes of the Kipling family.

God Bless You All,

The Kipling's

13. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe

Mike I hope it works out for you, in 2002 my prostate cancer came back, one doctor told me it had spread, and the tests showed that it was going to be terminal, and rather fast, went to another doctor, did the chemo and radiation, and it has been gone since, I hope it all works out for you, I know it's tough to do, but try to keep your spirits up, and MD Anderson is a great place to get treated

Good Luck, Rick

14. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Good luck. Never, never give up........

15. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Mike ,you 're a Perrazzi mavin, honestly get to Sloan Kettering. This is just a guess but from one lantsman to another---go first class--& in this case second best won't cut it. I'm still pulling for you. I'm opinionated, but most of what I'm telling you in this case is from personal experience. You may need cutting edge & Sloan Kettering is the place for it. Hang in there.

Phil Berkowitz

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

You have been and will remain in our prayers, I pray also that God gives you the strength to fight it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

I think of you every day. I lost both parents and both in-laws to cancer. I hope your fall helped find it soon enough to help in your fight. God be with you. Tom

18. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you were accepted at M.D. Anderson, as I said before if not for them I would not have my wife of 50 yrs. she was also at stage 4 with lymphoma & multiple myloma & local drs. gave her 2 weeks because they missed the diagnosis. So IMO you are headed for the BEST place in the world. When you get there ask for Dr. Hagermiester, he was my wifes Dr. if we can answer any ??????send me a PM with your phone # and we will call you. Ross Puls

19. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Mike,

Second the vote for Sloan Kettering. That's where my wife had her surgery, no doubt the best in the world. 30 years later she is still with me giving me a hard time...I love it! Both of us have you in our prayers.

Bob Schultz

20. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

The best of all to you. Never, never give up and we are fighting for you too. Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.