1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Perazzibigbore BIGGG Update

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

OK.. The results are in.. When I saw the Dr. at MD Anderson..my liver is far and beyond my biggest problem.. The esophigal cancer and cancer of the lymph nodes is a small concern now...

OK.. first a port for the chemo was put in today.. I triend everything I could do to get it on the left side.. Nope.. it had to be my right because of the size of the veins the wanted to put it in.. Now.. don't ask my how.. or why but ever since 4.30 am this morning.I had an errie ..basically painfree calm.. The tech who put the port in asked me how I was doing.. I replied.. on the face I'm calm.. but underneath all this.. I've scared.. He said he'd call the doctor for anti-anziety medicine.. About 30 minutes later it arrived.. The squirited it under my tongue where I was to hold it for as long as I could.. and then swallow.. Well.. I remember little or nothing but when it was all over the tech was wiping my forhead with a cold damp rag saying.. it went flawlessly.. Ok.. a gift from God and still no pain..

About 7 pm they started Chemo.. 9 bags in different colors.. and sizes.. I got out at a little after 11pm.. and the last bag is still attached to me.. It will pump 48 hours non stop..

They've doubled up on my anti-nausea medication..as well as pain meds.. Win,loose.or draw.. The war has begun.. My special thanks to Pac man..Is 1 of the pumps makes a crunch..crunch sound.. I think of it eatting the bad stuff.. Maybe yes.. maybe no.. The nurse there says I should start seeing pretty good things by the 3rd treatment..

Having said all this.. It's you that has given me the biggest boost of all.. In the bottom of the pit of my soul.. the good will and hope you have imparted on me might just be the winning combination.. My talks with God are daily with me... but then again.. they always were.. Keep your God.. your friends.. family.. wife.. all close to you.. in good times and in bad.. At the end of the day.. really.. that's all one has.. So.. lets hope this day is a new beginning.. Yes.. the road will bwe bumpy.. Yes the battle has begun.. A battle.. with the help of my friends I WILL win... ALL GOOD.. Mike
  2. JACK

JACK Active Member

Good for you Mike. You "broke-em-all" on the first trap
  3. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

God Bless you Mike, and full speed ahead you have the best support team fighting with you and sending all the positive energy needed for this battle. you keep crunching.
  4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

On the road to recovery. Good for you, Mike.

-Gary
  5. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Mike, keep on with the positive thoughts , i was a research helper back in 69-70-71 for the USDA, we developed the Chemo on animals,they were ready to try it on humans when i transfered. Keep up the fight..Joe
  6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Active Member

Crunch, crunch, crunch...wokka, wokka, wokka, then all of the music playing just before you reach the next level. I bet you are really good at Pac Man. I'll see you at the next level, Mike. You will keep in the game.
  7. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

One step at a time Mike. Your on the path of recovery.

Vern
  8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes TS Member

God Bless you Mike, keep swinging as you will make it. At least finally you're started in the right direction. It's all up hill from here, all good.
  9. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Good news Mike. Keep fighting.

Doyal
  10. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Member

Mike, Great news that everything has started. You couldn't be in a better place for what you need !!! I know for a fact. 28 years ago, I saw my 6 year old sister start her chemo regiment on her way to full recovery from leukemia, and she is a beautiful, married mother of 2 great children. They DO know what they are doing, and like you said in your 4th paragraph "Win, Lose or Draw". NO, there is no Lose or Draw, just WIN !!! Between your great attitude and even greater friends, this is nothing more then a terrible inconvenience. I don't want you to think I am down-playing your battle, but I know that God and a PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) can conquer anything. God Bless You, (Victoria, TX) Mike*
  11. shot410ga

shot410ga Active Member

Hang in there. Never quit. Good luck.
  12. Ross

Ross Active Member

As I said in my other responses you are in the BEST place in the world for treatment. If not for M.D.Anderson & their fantastic Drs.& nurses I would not have my wife today, who is at this moment out taking her morning walk with her friend, so hang in there & you will be back in the mainstream very soon. Our prayers are still with you. Ross Puls
  13. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Hang in there Mike

Regards from Iowa

Gene
  14. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Active Member

Thinking about you Mike. I know you'll beat the beast.

Regards,

Jerry
  15. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

1 step and 1 day @ a time. Keep fighting & keep up the good thoughts!

Matt Woodson
  16. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

You remain in our thoughts and prayers, Mike. Hang tough....Bob Dodd
  17. puablo

puablo Active Member

God bless you Mike as you start your journey to wellness. God is with you every step of the way. Peace to you, Jeff
  18. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Mike,

Just give it all a dose of that good old New York Attitude! Nothing can resist it. The war has just begun, but you'll get there one way or the other. It sucks that they have to install those pic lines on the right. Makes you want to start practicing as a lefty.
  19. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I got down a little pound cake and light coffee this morning.. and so far.. so good.. kep it down... I got a call.. they want to see me at 1.30 for an ultra sound... and to clean my chemo pump I'm carrying around.. Well.. seeing as I can't be trapshooting in real life... I'll settle for my 25 straight on this round.. a few chipped birds.. but a break is a break.. I'll take it.. Lets see how the next 25 do... Hey.. not ATA.. 1 3/8 #6's It's war.. Mike
  20. dverna

dverna TS Member

Rejoice in your progress, and believe that you can win. The mind is a wonderful thing.

Don Verna
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.