1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Saw a Perazzi MX-2005/unsingle--will this gun accept an o/u barrel so it could be used as a combo. Also, do Perrazi's have different stock configurations for what they call American Trap.

Phil Berkowitz

2. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Phil,

Why bother trying to find a barrel...just buy a combo to begin with.

Don't think the MX5 has the removeable trigger assembly...check it out.
    What are they asking for the one you found?

Smok'n Joe

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The gun lists for $16200.00.They are asking $8900.00-supposed to be a factory demo with 20 rds thru it.

Phil Berkowitz

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Phil, unless you are sure you will like the very high rib of the MX-2005, you probably should try to find one to try out before buying this one. Ribs like that are not for everyone, nor do all people who buy them shoot better or in many cases, even as well.

For example, there once was a Ljutic design called "Olympic Rib." True, I've not shot more than a dozen or so shots with the two or three I've tried, but I have yet to hit a target with one.

Neil

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

There're MX-2005 O/U barrels, but it's not easy to find. Not many got sold in first place. Doubt it'll be many ever. And yes, Perazzi made stocks for ATA type of guns, they usually have parallel comb.

Strongly recommend you try it a few times before you got into one. I feel I lost contact with the gun when I swing it.

6. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

The MX2005 is very similar to a Kolar Max T/A in terms of rib height. It definitely has a drop-out trigger unless the original buyer specified otherwise. Also, it can be purchased as an unsingle - O/U combo.

FWIW, my experience with Perazzis (and several other high-end guns) is that good stock fit is essential. Without it, the gun was a waste of money for me; with it my scores changed dramatically. The upshot of this is that buying a used high-end gun is less of a bargain than it seems - to get the full advantage of the gun, you really have to get the stock fit to you or have a new stock made, which cuts significantly into the savings.

Also, in the case of Perazzis, the list price is close to meaningless - no one pays full list for a new gun. Discounts for new guns routinely exceed 20% and can get much higher.

Ted K.

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

All good advice here...I agree with Neil. I shoot with a guy who owns one and I have a hard time with it.

Steve put it best when he feels like he "lost contact" with the gun. When I swing one, I feel like I can't tell where the barrel is - like its down at my waist or something and all I have is a rib, out in space, that I'm looking down.

I shoot a k-80 with a slightly lower rib that belongs to another guy much better, without that lost feeling. Personally, I own a pair of MX-2000RS that are quite a bit lower and I shoot those best of all....

Try it before you buy it. Lots of folks have shot the one I know of....and they either LOVE IT or CAN"T STAND IT. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground.

8. VNVET

VNVET Member

Phil, you have a PM!

Jim

9. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I've picked one up and the stock really feels good, but the rib is probably too high for me. BTW what is a nice used mx2000rs combo going for these days?

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I kinda thinking about that, seen some of Dennis' Perazzi jobs. I'm used to a fairly high rib 11/4" on my latest Infinity.

Phil Berkowitz

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

What's the difference between an MX 10, MX 10RS. or Nx 2000.

Thanks Phil Berkowitz

12. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Phil -

The best way to compare those models is to look at the Perazzi catalog. See

http://www.perazzi.com/Pages/en_competition_models.aspx

Ted K.

13. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

9 Grand for a used MX ????

Wow...I better get my shoes on and run over to GAT GUNS and buy
    the Used MX5 Combo they have for $3,395.00. Looks like a steal!!!

Smoken Joe

14. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

$3,395 for a used MX-5 combo is a good price, but not a steal.

15. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Smoken: The MX2005 and the Mx5 are completely different guns. Little comparison.

16. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Anyone know where a MX200RS combo might be for sale and what a reasonable price is for one, Uncle is returning some of my taxes and it's burning a hole in my pocket.

17. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Lynn Gipson has 2 or 3 listed now. You can also call Ray Stafford. The 10RS is the same gun without the engraved receiver. That's up to you. I have had both.

Hope this helps,

Roy