1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

perazzi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shubble72, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Whats a Perazzi MX - 3 worth?
    tia
    scott

2. jbshep

jbshep Member

MX-3 or MX-3 Special? Condition? barrels? Trigger? Measurements? case, papers, tools, etc? An MX-3 is worth less than an MX-3S because of barrel interchangeability.

3. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

MX-3 Perazzi that has a 32" barrel, 2 chokes ( 6and 8) adjustable comb and adjustable butt pad assembly. This gun can be totally fitted to you by you to improve your trap, skeet or sporting clays scores. The wood on this gun is a beautiful highly grained walnut with no blemishes while the highly blued metal retains 99+% of its original condition. The removable trigger group has double hammers so an O/U barrel could be fitted if you desire.

4. NJFlyer

NJFlyer Member

$2000.00

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The MX 3 was an attempt by Perazzi to offer a cheaper gun than the MX8 series. It is plainer than an MX8. Usually has a tapered rib and the same trigger group as all the P-gunOU's only the 3's only came with one trigger assembly that shoots the top barrel first.

They originally had smaller locking lugs than the MX8's and the first ones to hit the country had a Teflon coating on them. Predictibly, they loosened after very few rounds. Perazzi made them good by reworking the locking lugs and the block.

Even after that the values for the MX3's where destroyed but the gun is as good as any MX8 made. A 32" single barrel lessens the value. You also need to post a photo here and identify the choke tubes and the wood work that makes it adjustable. You usually don't get much out of after market pad and comb adjusters, if any.

Value, right now $2,500.-$3,000., If 99%. If it were mine I'd part it out. You'll get more - but it will probably take longer.

6. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

no im looking at buying one. Are they good for leftys

7. NJFlyer

NJFlyer Member

I'm a lefty. I stop shooting my MX-8 when I got my MX-3 25 years ago when I bought it as a back-up.