1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PERAZZI

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Justinosen, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Justinosen

Justinosen Member

0   0   0

Full Set of type 4 MX8 Perazzi Barrels, Forend Iron, Standard Grade Schnabel Forends, Also included Leather Luggage Perazzi 4 Barrel case that will also hold the rest of the gun. Complete numbers matching on Barrels and Iron also numbered 1-4 on all Barrels and Iron for the set.
    Barrels are a true 27 1/2 inches 8 mm rib with center bead. All Barrels Choked Skeet and Skeet. The 12 gauge are Tula Choked and in 98% condition. As for 20, 28 and 410 Barrels I would say 99% They don't have many rounds through them. Now you can turn any Square Mono Block Reciever into a 4 barrel set. You dont see many Perazzi 4 barrel sets around unless you get into the high $30s. Some one is asking $3000 just for a 410 barrel with wood and iron the same as mine on Gunbroker, but again I have a full numbers matching set. The gold side plate Perazzi can be included for another $23K....
    Justin Osen $10,000 for the cased barrel set.

2. Justinosen

Justinosen Member

0   0   0

Am I off my rocker?

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I don't know if you are "off your rocker" but I think your price is way too high. Your price is considerably higher than complete Perazzi guns that are 4 barrel sets that have been offered for sale. Many skeet shooters prefer subgauge tubes to subgauge barrels any many think they need at least 30" or 32" barrels. Whether the preference for longer barrels is just a fad or not, only time will tell.

4. Justinosen

Justinosen Member

0   0   0

Hitapair, I dont need to really sell them they are a cool set, the last set I seen sell were the same as mine but he only had small gauge 20,28,410 and they were on gunbroker sold in one week for 8K. I guess Perazzi shooters if they want something rare I wouldnt think that price wouldn't be to far off. But who knows. Thats why they sell everything from a $300 dollar stoger to skys the limit. All the other sets I have seen were type 3 also.

5. bundy4

bundy4 Member

0   0   0

A week or so ago the Cabelas store in Tulalip Wa. listed an as new Perazzi Mirage four gauge set. Gun, four sets of barrels, case all in as new condition for $6,199. Its still listed under their European gun section with pictures. Ray

6. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Justin,

I think you are describing a very nice set of barrels. Unfortunately, I think there are two things working against the set:
    1. There are not many people looing for 4 gauge sets.
    2. The barrels are shorter than most skeet shooters are using now.

One of the dealers at the Grand has a very nice Perazzi gold engraved trap combo gun for sale. I don't think there was even an offer made on it.

Don

7. Justinosen

Justinosen Member

0   0   0

Ray that was a "Type 3" When I called someone bought it already it was only on a couple days. Mine are the same set but "Type 4" 99% condition. Seeing the type 3 sell that fast prompted me to sell my barrels being that a type 4 will go on 90% of Perazzi owners guns. Well it was worth a try If they sell they sell, the one with the most gun crap wins J.K.

8. drgondog

drgondog Member

0   0   0

IMO - there is one difference of value between the type 3 and 4 - the forend/forarm locking system to enable adjustment if wood shrinks.

If in the same shape I wouldn't be interested in additional $$ just because it is a type IV.

On the second point. I shot 27 5/8 when I shot a lot of international skeet but talked Danielle to make and extra set of 28 5/8 Skeet to add to a 28 5/8 IM/F Mirage that was heavier - and I shot it a lot better.

Point to be made. taking a four barrel set away from it's receiver greatly diminishes an SC3/SCO original gun value. Further it reduces the value to the very narrow market of a guy who wants to add a novelty 'short barrel' suite to an unmatched receiver - and THAT guy will never get value if he tries to sell the cobbled up set. The guy that buys it will probably not be a hightl competitive skeet shooter and further probably won't shoot it as well with the short barrels as a guy with longer barrels/tube set. Market size further reduced.

Why split an original set up?

Just a few random thoughts.

Regards,

Bill

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Few items sell here without photos. Just trying to help.