1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi - What's Your Guess?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 3200, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3200

3200 TS Member

Saw the following posted on an auction bill -

Perazzi 12 Gauge, over Under, Top Full/Bottom Mod, Acciaio Special/Bottom Barrel Marked 31,000 Type 2

Any guesses as to which model it could be? I overheard some fellows that knew of the gun, refer to it as a field gun.

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

Its probably an SC1. This was the inital Perazzi. They were made through 1974. I have two of the last ones made.

If the gun is in good shape and the price is right buy it.... most of these guns have bee screwed with so much they are not worth buying though.

TB

3. 3200

3200 TS Member

"hairy, it gets worse!

Hey, I'm looking for a room in Alexandria, and was hoping the high price of fuel would keep almost everyone home.

No such luck!

I will probably find one, but it will be an arm and a leg!

Damn, I waited too long! "

Posted to the wrong thread - maybe ?? Can't see where a room in Alexandria has anything to do with a mysterious Perazzi 8>)

4. 3200

3200 TS Member

Well, looks like I may get a 'sneak preview', Thurs night. Asked some 'leading' questions and found that there were no model markings on the barrel (i.e MX8 or Mirage), and that the receiver was has case-hardened color. Also found out that there is a second trigger group that goes with the gun. My bet at this juncture is that it is a SC1 as TBaber suggested.

So until Thurs eve, I'll be boning up on my 'Perazzi ID skills'. My Blue Book has no reference to the SC1 or values for Type or Type 2 guns. Ballpark figure on the value?

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Steve,
    That Mirage is a pretty good deal. Too bad about the ported bottom barrel. I will never understand why folks think it is a good thing to do to drill holes in good barrels. Jake

6. 3200

3200 TS Member

Probably a very true statement Steve! We'll see what the weekend brings. Who knows maybe I'll strike a deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi acciaio special