1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi-what barrels fit what receivers?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rick Barker, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Can anyone advise what receivers will accept what barrels, or visa-versa?

I am looking at a MX8 made in 2005 and it has a single barrel, top mid-rib, but the receiver has both firing pins that would allow me to use an o/u. Will the MX-8 accept any other o/u barrels besides MX-8 or 2000 guns?

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

ask "Steve W". He is our resident Perazzi expert and knows his stuff.

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

almost all the P gun receivers (of "modern" origin) will take the barrels....MX-10, 14 and 15 should all fit (if I'm not mistaken)

Couple issues:

1. Even if it's supposed to fit, it might need a little work. I have two receivers and I was looking at a new O/U barrel, 31.5 inches, and it won't fit either of them without a little work. There are two other recievers at the club, and that barrel will fit both. I also have a mirage barrel that fits one reciever, but not the other. And I have 35" unsingle and 29.5" OU barrels that fit both. Go figure. Anyway, plan on a little fitting and you won't be disapointed.

2. If you have a top single, you have a top first trigger. If you switch to an unsingle or an O/U, you'll want/need a bottom first trigger. Or you can buy a selectable.

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

rick979, I thought you can answer this question. :)

Mr. Barker,

Perazzi only made few O/U models with rounded monobloc barrels, that has been discontinued years ago, barrels from MX-3, MX-5, MX-6, & MX-7 will not interchange with the the standard MX-8 type receivers.

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Good to know guys, thanks for info. When I started shooting in the early 70's, Itahca imported only the Mirage, MX8, Comp 1, TM1 and then the MT6, one of which I once owned. I never kept up with the new offerings after my MT6 was stolen and still don't know all the models out there. As I said, this MX8 is a 2005 model and has "MX-8 Special" on the side of the receiver. It has both firing pins and was purchased as described with the single barrel only and not as a combo. It shoots very well for me, not as good as my Pro 3 LTX, but I would like to own it.

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Jeff P I am asking this out of curiosity nothing more. when you say.

"I have two receivers and I was looking at a new O/U barrel, 31.5 inches, and it won't fit either of them without a little work."

Work in what way I ask because I have an older Beretta 682 that I have used 4 different sets of barrels on and they all fit with no problem. Yet the newer(687 series guns seem to have more trouble in this area than the older gun. The Perazzi's are supposed to fit better than Beretta's this just sparked my curiosity that all.

Bob Lawless

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Bob...

I was shocked that it didn't fit. When I say "didn't fit" I mean it locked up just fine, and I COULD have shot it (I suppose), but the lever was far right - probably at the 5 oclock position - easily 3/4 of an inch right of center.

It requires very minimal work (I'm told by our gunsmith, who does a lot of higher end work, and by a couple others) on the barrel to make it so the lever is more towards the 6 oclock position.

When I bought my 29.5 inch barrels, they snapped right on, and the lever was about 1/4 inch to the right - just where you want it.

So I guess I could have said "it fit...it just needed a bit of work to be perfect" But I would have bet you hard money that those barrels would have snapped right on at least ONE of my receivers and fit like they came from the factory.

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

OK Jeff thanks that explains a lot.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mirage barrel fit an mx8

refinish receiver on perazzi mt6

to have perazzi barrel fitted to reciever

what other barrels fit perazzi mt6

will a perazzi mx6 barrel fit a perazzi mx8