1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi weight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Johnpic, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

Could someone please tell me what the approximate weight of a Perazzi MX2000 might be?

Thanks, John

2. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

This is info I found

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/gun_inventory/inventory/kansas_city/european_sg/989580_perz2bbl_kc.jsp?categoryId=SEARCH_gl

Perazzi MX2000 Trap Combo

Cal./Gauge: 12 Gauge.
    Chamber(s): 2 3/4" Chambers.
    Barrel(s): 32" o/u with vents between the barrels and a 34" unsingle, all barrels ported.
    Choke(s): 8 Briley screw-in chokes.
    Weight: With o/u barrels: 9 lbs. 8 oz.

Regards

W&W

3. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

Thanks for the reply W&W.
    I'm thinking of buying one but it might be a little more weight than I want. I'm used to shooting my Browning bottom single at 8 lbs.11 oz. I shoot fast and I like a fast moveing gun.

John

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Wood density and barrel configuration mostly determinate the weight differences between two Perazzis.

Shotgun balance has more to do with the speed of the gun than total weight.

Olympic Trap shooters shoot very fast, their Perazzis were made to do so. The most popular barrel weight on a typical OT guns is around 1.55 kg. and the whole gun around 8.5 lb. Lots of ATA shooters consider this is too light, they prefer 1.65 kg. barrel on a 9 lb gun.

My Perazzi pigeon guns has 1.43 kg. barrels, it moves faster than those crazy birds.

5. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

Thanks Steve,
    I'll just have to find someone with a MX2000 and try it. I shot a MX15 a few years ago and would like to get back to a higher quality gun.

John

6. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Johnpic,

For what it's worth, I will give you my opinion based on what you have stated. You said that you shot a MX15 at one time. I had a 34" MX15 with a .72 something bore. It was factory unaltered and had Factory screw-in chokes. I recently bought a MX10RS that has a factory unaltered .73 something bore with fixed Full choke. If there is any difference in the weight, I sure can not tell it. It swings the same as my MX15 did. My assumption would be if you like your old MX15, you will be happy with the way a "new" MX2000 feels.

Matt Woodson

7. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

Thanks Matt,

It looks like I might be spending some money.

Yes, I did like the MX15. I got caught up in the mid single Kolar T/S craze when they first came out and had to have one. Never realy shot it well. Took a step backwards and I am now shooting a Browning cynergy bottom single. It's a good shooting gun but not the quality that I like.

John

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

It's not just the weight that's important. Balance and feel is just as important.

9. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

As Barry stated above, balance and feel are just as important. If you liked the feel of the MX15, I believe you will on a MX2000.

Matt Woodson

10. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have owned the MX2000, MX10RS, MX2000RS and now have the MX2000/10. All my unsingle guns were within 1-2 oz. of each other. I could never tell a bit of difference in the swing dynamics nor the balance. All fixed chokes and MX2000RS with Wilkinson barrel work. Even after the barrel work, no difference. My MX2000/10 seems to move to the target faster, but it has a top single configured barrel. I would say shoot all of them before you buy. Even guns that weigh the same can feel different and move differently to the target. Hope this helps, Roy

11. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

Thanks for all the replies.
    You were all very helpful.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
perazzi barrel weights

perazzi mx2000 weight

perazzi mx8 trap combo barrel weight
perazzi shotgun weight