1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?? Perazzi Website Blog ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ed Y, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

A couple of weeks ago someone on this site mentioned the new Perazzi website so I went and took a look. It looked interesting so I registered and was accepted as a member/user. I had the option of entering various catagories and/or posting a "Blog". Since I just bought one of their new TM-9Xs I thought that I could give some of the other members my opinions on some of the new features. I posted my "Blog" on July 28th and have been checking on it daily, for feedback and any questions that I might be able to answer. Much to my dismay, for some reason, the moderators have not approved my post for general distribution to the members. There is a message on top of my Blog that says "Not Yet Approved" Seems that by the time that it is approved, the information will be moot. Am I being sensored? Now I really appreciate this site. Thanks David.

Ed Yanchok

2. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

Ed, How do you like the TM9X?? Had a TM1 once but i felt it was a little lite in front. I then bought a DB81 has the solid underbarrel that runs out beyond the forearm some.... seems to balance better for me. Looks like an interesting gun with the adjustable rib...will it pattern 100% high?? Have a great day!!

3. Ed Y

Seems like it'll pattern anywhere you want it to. I'm shooting it just the way it came out of the box. It shoots so good that I'm going to have to learn to miss all over again.

Ed Yanchok

4. Marplot

Marplot TS Member

I know this site and the brothers who started it. They are very careful about posting information that might be inappropriate or come from trolls, so they do inspect all photos and posts, at least until you are established with them.

Don't take it personally. I don't think that they picked you out to be censored. They usually approve within 24 hours.

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Ed, I hear you.

If any of you ever got on other discussion forums whether is rifle, pistol, or even watch collectors forum, you'd appreciate TS.com more.

6. Ed Y

My original post was dated July 28th and it's still not been approved. Here's the original blog post and then the response that I got when I questioned why it was delayed

While at the Eastern Zone Shoot, in Elysburg PA, this past weekend, HiGrade Shooters had a new TM-9X on display. Roy said that there are only 4 in the country so far. Very nice SC-2 upgraded wood. 34", .032 choked, tapered. adjustable ribbed barrel. Grip, too small, LOP too short, for a big guy like me, but I bought it anyway. On Thursday I'm going to try it with an oversized TM-X stock that I made a couple of years ago. I had a tough time trying to insert any of my release triggers since the new TMs have a safety with a tang that hangs down and interferes with the old style trigger groups. I filed a portion of the tang away and all of my old triggers now fit. My only remaining problem is with my Precision Trigger which will not cock due to interferance by a small pan head bolt in the upper frame. It gets in the way of the hook. I spoke with the folks at Mile High and they told me that the trigger's designer already has a fix and is modifying his design and will update any previously purchased groups, free of charge.

Jeff Martin has sent you a message on Perazzi Shotgun

Ed,

Please make your post less promotional and more informational and re-submit. Also, what is the time sensitive nature of the material? This information may help move the process forward.

Thank you,

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

No offense to anyone who took their time in our sports. And I fully understand private sites are not subject to First amendment.

However, I don't see anything wrong with Ed's original post. It certainly is very informational about the problem he faced with his new shotgun, and who solved the problem with good service. That's exactly fellow shooters wants to know.

If this is inappropriate to them, that's censorship in my book.

If fellow shooters can not share their experiences from where they got the service with each other, the site will not be very popular.

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

After reading Ed's post and Mr. Martin's response and advice to him, I think Mr. Martin is gonna be hurtin for posters in the very near future!! Hap

9. Guy

Guy Member

It's kind of a feel good site with not much substance....and don't dare speak of buying or selling anything. I lost interest quickly.

10. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

I think that if you had written "Giacomo Sporting" instead of "HiGrade Shooters" and "Dan" instead of "Roy," your post would have made the grade. It seems that they don't like folks suggesting there might be a Perazzi vendor out there, other than Giacomo Sporting. Even the suggestion of a gun other than Perazzi will get your post yanked.

One time, I posted a thread about Karl Lippard's book and wrote of his newest endeavours, manufacturing his own line of high-end shotguns. This thread was pulled with no explanation. I even sent a message to the admin asking what the problem was and never got a response.

I suppose you could call it censorship. I won't waste any more of my time there, posting anything of substance.

Bruce

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Was there something positive about their product in your thread???

too small, won't fit, lop to short, my releases wont fit...

maybe a clue in here somewhere?

geez..

12. Andy Ott

Andy Ott Guest

What Ed wrote is the info shooters want to hear,if shooters wanted a sales promotion we can ask for their literature.

13. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

Right on Andy!!

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Maybe they don't want the (TRUTH) to get in the way of the facts either? ***** star BS sells more products than facts. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.