1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

perazzi vs beretta 682 gold E????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bob31, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob31

bob31 TS Member

What are everyones thoughts on the perazzi mx2000 vs the Beretta 682 gold E??

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Both are very good choices in a Trap Gun, But the Beretta Gold E is less expensive, I Own two Gold E's and One Perazzi MX3 Special, so maybe you can figure it out, Fit and weight, that is right for you is what counts, pick them up and shoot one and then the other, and see what works for you.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

As an owner of a Beretta 682 Gold E Trap and a guy who flat loves that gun i don't think its even a fair comparison. The Perazzi is Worlds above that Beretta. The truth is the truth.

P.S. I'd be shooting a MX2000 if i could afford one. Nothing wrong with my Beretta 682, it just ain't in the same league as the Perazzi MX2000.

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The second most popular shotgun in the Olympics winning circle is Beretta 682.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Steve W...and the first???

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

P gun hands down.

7. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Both good guns. Perazzi makes multiple stocks for their guns, Beretta makes only left or right cast; requiring some fitting for best results. The P-gun drop trigger is much easier to tune than the 682. The Beretta, if not cleaned and oiled properly may give cushioned firing pin hits on the lower barrel. The Perazzi is stone-axe reliable from the sahara to the artic, if you change trigger springs BEFORE they require replacement. Older 682's had barrel regulation issues, but the newer optima types are reputed to be better. P-guns have the same problem but only occasionally. Always test drive, as there are lemons out there. Beware of the "safe queen".

I shoot several of each and have found the MX can be slightly better, overall average by about a quarter point (.25%), which is a lot if you're competing at a high level, though it costs twice as much as a 682. GAP

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

If I could only afford a 682, I'd be happy and never look back.

9. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

Thank you BigM as that would be my question ?
    Perazzi Big Bore, Steve W, etc. If you could not afford a Perazzi what would be your next choice ?

ernie

10. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Have both. 682 is a great gun! The MX is in a different league/sport/planet. Buy what you can afford and enjoy it, both break targets just the same.

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Jim--You would have to change your name then. Hmmm "BigM-Beretta" actually has a nice ring. What is it you are currently shooting?

12. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

I pick up a Beretta and its like a child huggin his mom.
    I pick up a Perazzi and just dont get that ergonomic feel.
    But I do get a feeling of solidness,like a K gun,but more nimble.
    I am in the looking for a P gun myself and I feel if you dont shoot minimum 10,000 shells a year/do registerd shoots,its not for you,simply because these guns were made to be easily repaired at critical moments.
    If you look at the olympic shooters,they remove the side ribs for a lighter gun,and they have the drop out trigger for quick replacement on the line.
    They presumably have better barrel regulation than a 686/7,not much so over a 682 or a dt10.Perazzi will fit the gun to you also,but of course all this is reflected in the price.
    "Buy what you can afford and enjoy it, both break targets just the same."
    I like this statement because the 682 vs mx8 difference may only net you
    a miniscule improvement in your game.
    By all means,if you cant sit still,buy both just because..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
682 gold e
682 gold e vs dt10

beretta 682 gold e trap

beretta 682 vs perazzi
compare beretta 682 gold e to perazzi mt6
perazzi contro beretta
perazzi mx8 vs beretta 682

perazzi vs beretta