1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi v. Kolar question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rcmax29, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcmax29

rcmax29 TS Member

For those of you who have switched from a Perazzi to a Kolar or vice versa, what do you perceive / feel as the difference? Trigger? How about the Kolar o/u? I know some Kolar owners who don't use their o/u, but default back to P or K-gun for doubles, and I wonder why. Have shot lots of P guns but not much experience with the Kolar.

2. finger

finger TS Member

The Kolar is heavier, more bulky and does not move as fast. I went from an MX2L to a Kolar in 1998 and have always wished I had the MX2 back. That was without question the most responsive o/u I have owned.

On the plus side the Kolar is essentially bullet proof. Will shoot almost forever with minimal maintenance and of course is made/supported in USA. That and Giacomo will not be around forever.

Both good guns but if you have been shooting the P gun well it might be tough to make the change. Only you shooting them and time will tell. Good luck bob finger

3. msmith

msmith Member

I made the switch 3 years ago from Perazzi to Kolar.I have owned 4 different Perazzi guns and I will not go back. I feel the Kolar is far superior.Some of the differences are, Kolar firing pins are 3 times the size, Perazzi does not glass bed their actions, Kolars have nice wood etc. I have noticed Kolars are starting to hold their resale value better. Try dealing with Perazzi- enough said. You can call Kolar & talk to the chief engineer or owners about your gun. Kolar is made in USA. Mike

4. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

Kolar.... only cause I just bought one....lol

5. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Both great guns.I have a Kolar and would like to have a Perazzi.

Even though the leaf springs break.

Bo

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

PBB, it's just as you say. When I shot a K-80 I needed a spare receiver. It was in the old hairpin sear spring days and no one told me how easy it was to fix it. So I bought Kay's K-80 repair video and wasn't an hour into it before I saw it was way over my head. Is the last half of the video any good?

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.