1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi type3 /type 4 forends on same receiver

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ceil, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceil

Ceil Member

I have a MX8, 42xxx. Can I get a type 4 barrel and forend, have them fitted to the receiver and still be able to use the original type 3 barrel and forend that I am shooting now?
    Thanks
    Ceil

2. dale t

dale t TS Member

Ceil

Yes you can.I cut the barrel lug on my type 4 so I could use the type 3 for both barrels.

trying to find type 4 iron was next to impossible to say nothing of the cost.changing the shape of the type

cost nothing

Dale

3. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

As long as you have forends to match each barrel you have no problem. Jake

4. Ceil

Ceil Member

Thanks for all of the replies. It appears the answer is that money can fix anything. I think as Mike suggests it would be easier and probably more satisfying to buy a different gun if I was to try something different.
    Thanks again
    Ceil

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I have matched more than a few odd barrels and receivers. As Mike says, sometimes they match like they were born together sometimes three strokes of the master's file is all that is needed. And occasionally, they just don't fit worth a damn. You just have to try em. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.