1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi type 3 woodwork

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by webley, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webley

webley TS Member

Hello,
    I thought this question had been covered before but a search of the old threads didn't reveal anything; so....

I'm looking at an older Perazzi just for general shooting, it's serial number is around 36200 which would indicate it's a type 3 (cat 3) gun made in 1970. The action is of the type/shape which I've seen called a 'Comp 1' on this forum, it's case hardened as well. Metalwork is fine, the wood is ok but with a bit too much drop for me. The gun is not expensive so it would be worth buying a different set of second hand woodwork.

The question is: do recent production Perazzi stocks & forends fit straight on type 3 guns - or fit with minor modification - or need major work/just don't fit?

Regards
    Russell

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

forearm is not interchangeable

regards

Gene

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

Everything is interchangable except the forearm. You can however purchase a Type 4 Forearm iron and do the conversion easily.

The Comp 1 or more accurately SC1 are outstanding guns. I have two of them.

TB

4. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Russell,

I think the guys above have posted some good advice, maybe I can add to it. Wenig has 90% inletted blanks for reasonable prices. You can specify a type 3 and they will send it to you.
    If you are going to shoot a lot, I would recommend the forearm iron upgrade to the newer type 4 design. The forearm will last longer and current wood will fit it.

Regards,

Don Rackley

5. webley

webley TS Member

Thanks to all of you for the good advice & also the Wenig recommendation.

It’s actually (dare I say it) a skeet gun. Should I buy it – it won’t be used anywhere near as heavily as my trap guns. Aside from being ideal for the odd round of skeet & casual sporting clays (as long as I don’t expect to hit all of the longer sporting targets – which I can’t do anyway!) it’s an attractive gun with the coloured action & would be an interesting one to own & shoot. The older Perazzi’s have some nice little touches like the more attractively shaped top lever & safety button.

Regards
    Russell

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

The biggest problem with the type 3 wood is that people don't get the screw tight enough and it cracks. I have a way that appears to eliminate the problem. I initally use cap crews to tighten the arm to the wood. I then remove one sreew at a time and put the correct Perazzi screw with lock crew back with Locktite thread sealent. Have not had a problem since I started doing this.

TB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.