1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

PERAZZI-Type 3 or Type 4?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steve W, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Type 4 forend configuration started in 1977, DB are type 4.

The best way is check the forend iron and barrel under lug, as there're different reports from shooters.

Here's what type 3 and type 4 forend iron & barrel lug look like:

[​IMG]
  2. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

OK I have to ask. I have an Ithaca import MX8 did Perazzi have a different serial # run for those guns or where they just stamped with the import info? Thank you in advance for any help.
    Wayne
  3. Baber

Baber TS Member

I am almost positive that the Type 4 guns came after Ithaca stopped importing Perazzi. Serial numbers ar all the same no matter who imported them. All Ithaca did was have their name stamped on the barrel as did Winchester later...

TB
  4. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Jim
    What is the actual # on the gun and I can give you some more info on it.
    Bob Roberts
  5. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

The early DB-81 had 2 sets of triggers, one for top barrel and another set that shot top /bottom. the usually weight less than 1/2 oz apart imo they are better than the D-81 special.
  6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Steve W. got the numbers from Lippard's book of praise for the Perazzi. It is not completely reliable for the cutoff between 3's and 4's. I have a type 3 that is serial #52011 and I know of several 52XXX's that are type 3's.
  7. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

I have a MT6 serial number 1026XX the forearm looks like the type 4 pictured above but the barrel lug looks differant than either one the hook is truned toward the center of lug not on the end turned out. The hook looks more like the type 4 I hope this make some sence to you. Do I have a type 4. Tom
  8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

JimB....... I doubt the serial number on the DB81 will be in the 49xxx range. I have had 3 sets just like you mention, with two forends and two triggers. As I understand it, the DB81's started with serial numbers around 55xxx. I also agree that the older DB81's were far superior to the later DB81 Special.. Dan Thome (Trap2)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.