1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Type 3 Forend screws

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by wlk, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlk

wlk Member

0   0   0

Can anyone advise where to get or buy Type 3 forend screws and the little locking screws? Iron is good, only screws are stripped. MX8 Combo, so need 4 ea. Can't find them yet. If none, how could I find the dimensions of them?

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

0   0   0

You need to go to someone like Giacomo to the the screws. They are 4 MM as i recall. You might want to procure some 4 mm cap screws with and allen head. Use these screws to assemble the forearm then remove them one at a time and replace them with the proper Perazzi screw. This will prevent you from buggering up the slotted Perazzi screws. I do it every time and have not had a loose iron in years. I also use a little LockTite.

TB

3. wlk

wlk Member

0   0   0

TBaber
    Tried Giacamo, no got. Or that was the fast answer. Figured if I had the size and thread pitch, I would try to make a allen head or similar type fit.

Thanks

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

0   0   0

Surprising.... I believe its a 4mm so find a screw house and see if they can help you.

TB

5. rad 53

rad 53 Member

0   0   0

I made up some cap screws for a type 3 but had to get the heads machined down[top and bottom] It doesn't leave a lot of the hex remaining but if you have a nice snug fitting key it works very well. Give it a try, regards from down under, Donald.

6. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have some of the small "locking" screws that I got from Giacomo last year. They were 5.oo each.

Ed Yanchok

7. wlk

wlk Member

0   0   0

Ed Y
    Sent you a pm

8. wlk

wlk Member

0   0   0

Ed Yanchok,
    I have responded to you

WLK

9. JPettengill

JPettengill TS Member

0   0   0

I have a spare set of screws, but I own both a type 2 and a type 3 gun, so am going to keep them. I just measured one and Tom is correct, 4mm shank, 6mm head, and if I find my thread pitch gauge I'll measure that for you. I think I got them from Perazzi USA.
    Jim P

10. wlk

wlk Member

0   0   0

Thanks. I have sent both Giacamo and Perazzi USA emails, no response yet, probably end up going to a screw/bolt outlet to see if they match them up. We'll get it fixed one way or another.

11. wlk

wlk Member

0   0   0

Bought 2 types of the big screws yesterday...by the time I cut down the head for barrel clearance, I loose the slot, hex, or allen socket. Still looking for these or ideas on to fix this. Thanks for replys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi forearm screw size

wot is the screw in the forend of a perazzi for