1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Type 3 Barrel Lug

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by coldtrail, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

If anyone out there can help, I am looking for a type 3 barrel lug to replace a type 4. I have tried Briley, and Giacomo, and they do not have any.

Thanks

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

You're going the wrong way..and making a late model barrel worth much less.. Look for a cat4 forend.. about $750.. and don't alter your barrel..

3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I modified one once, used a file or hacksaw, worked fine. compare the two and file away; you can modify the 4 to a 3, but not the other way

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Yes, it can modify from type 4 to type 3 fairly easy, but as PBB said, you're devaluing the barrel by 1/3 if you do this. A type 4 forend can be found and you'll always get your money back when you sell it.

5. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

I appreciate your help, however this barrel will not be for resale, and finding a lug would be less expensive. In addition the person who this lug is for, already has an type 3 barrel and forend; I still think think the type 3 would be the easier way to go.

6. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

7. MOP

MOP Active Member

As EuroJoe said, all you have to do is grind the rear off of a Type 4 lug to turn it into a Type 3. Giacomo Sporting will do this for you if you don't want to do it yourself.

8. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

thanks

9. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

If you decide to do it yourself, compare the two lugs, you'll see there's only approx. 3mm difference at the back of the lug, you can grind it yourself, carefully. The curvy contour on the bottom of the type 4 lug is not critical.

I had type 3 lug weld up to fit type 4 forend more than once, it's a lot more difficult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi type 3 barrel