1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*****Perazzi Trouble Help!!!****

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Perazzi-Mx8, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perazzi-Mx8

Perazzi-Mx8 TS Member

My friend is shooting a mx 2000 top single with DB 81 o/u barrels. We were shooting the other day and the top single would not fire every once and awile then it would after moving the triger selector back and forth (which only worked sometimes) then shot the o/u barrels and it was fine. Then tried the top single and it was fine? Was it the trigger? When u pulled the trigger and it didnt go off the ejector wouldnt eject eathier. Any ideas? hopefully not to confusing.

Thanks
    Travis

2. Perazzi-Mx8

Perazzi-Mx8 TS Member

no did not touch the safety that i know of

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Before you send it off to someone, check this:

Remove the trigger, and peer into the recess where it was in the stock: Look at the the SIDES of the wood on the inside.

You will want to look for ANY kind of scraping on the sides of the wood. Occasionally with humidity and heat, the wood can swell. This swelling can be enough to put just enough friction on the #158 Inertia Block (Perazzi calls the this "Connector"), to keep it from returning to battery (to lift the sear).

If you see signs of any rubbing, you can remove the stock from the receiver and with a good, flat file, like a Bastard file, smooth-out some of the inner finish in the areas addressed above. If you get down to wood, put some finish back on it to prevent further humidity incursion.

The ejector will not work, if the hammer has not fallen. The hammer contacts the #109/110 ejector trip rod(s), which slides its forward tip into the forearm causing the ejector sear (trip lever: #308/317). No hammer fall, no ejector tripping.

This leads me to believe either it's the wood thing above, OR the DB81 barrels are not cocking the hammers. However, it *could* be something else... hard to diagnose without seeing the gun.

Good luck.

Whiz White

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I have experienced this problem. It was a shortened cocking rod. The rod had been bent by removing or installing the trigger group with the gun open. The failure to eject says the hammer did not cock. It did occur sporatically just as in your case. You could pull the left cocking rod, put it on a "flat" and hammer it and turn to get it flat and it could lengthen it. Giacomo would be who I would send the trigger to. You should never change externally switchable triggers with the safety off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.