1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

perazzi triggers lost

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by plaw, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plaw

plaw Active Member

Just sent out my triggers to a gunsmith,went thru usps and they tore up the box and lost the contents. I will never use usps again. It is a nitemare trying to file a claim.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

It is a nightmare and you might not get paid- I know you wont get any more than you insured it for at max

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I just received a couple of G. Loomis rods via UPS yesterday. I can't believe they delivered them . . .

broken-rods-web_zps2c044f18.jpg

Neil

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I ordered 6 10 lb bags copper plated shot. It took two weeks from Gamaliels to Idaho ( priority flat rate) I found it on my door step like this ( the postal driver was hurrying to his truck and I ran out and stopped him.) Luckily all 6 bags were ok but were dirty so they had fallen out of the box several times. The PO never even tried to tape the box shut
    cubancigar2000_2008_0303726.jpg

5. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I have had very good luck with filing a USPS claim. First was a broken fishing rod with the claim filed at the local PO. Took about 4 weeks and several calls but paid in full. The second claim was for a plastic hard case that was destroyed when I sent my Ljutic MG in for a refurb. I filed a claim online including an ad for the case showing retail price. Unbelieveably two working days later a check for full amount of case was in my mailbox. Marc

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Make your bed Neil.

7. sharhope

sharhope Member

I learned the hard way to fully wrap in good quality tape any package being sent USPS. They seem to tear up those bubble wrap packages .

8. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Y'all ain't seen BAD USPS until you lived in South Carolina.

My list could write a book...OMG !!! I have asked suppliers to use UPS, and I would pay the extra.

Letters to Mr. Donahue the Postmaster General got responses from assistants...They said absolutly nothing by the time they were finished on the phone...NEVER once did anyone say: "We are sorry this happened".

Dave in SC

9. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

On some of the USPS Flat Rate Envelopes and Boxes it specifically says you may not use EXTRA TAPE. Your contents must be secured by the little bit of adhesive they place on the end flaps.

10. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I've always had the best luck, by FAR with USPS over the other carriers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.