1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi trigger question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rick (Pa), Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

Can i use a old style trigger in a new style gun if i change the bottom barrel firing pin to the old style firring pin. thanks in advance

Rick

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Yes, as long as the bottom barrel firing pin match the right side hammer.

Older hammer needs older firing pin.

Newer hammer will work on both style.

3. mikepacific60

mikepacific60 Member

On this topic, I’d be interested to know if there is any advantage of one type over the other…does the older style (ie with the hammer with the flange bit / firing pin with the cut out) keep the firing pin from elongating the firing pin hole better than the newer style?

I have wondered why Perazzi went to this trouble in the early model guns….there must have been a reason – I suspect the newer style is cheaper and more simple to produce (less costly) and so the change was made or perhaps Perazzi simply decided the newer style was just as good and easier to make!

Cheers Mike

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Better yet, grind off the web on the old bottom barrel hammer and then you can use the trigger in new and old Perazzi's.

Like this...
    [​IMG]

Whiz White

5. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

Whiz, Thank you for the picture. I have a reason for not wanting to grind the trigger just yet. also i would like to hear the answer to Mike's question.

Thanks again

Rick

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Thank you Whiz, for your gifted talent, your picture worth more than a thousand words.

Mike,

The top & bottom firing pins are not in same length, but not enough to distinguish the difference without comparing them side by side, if weren't for the cutout.

The older style firing pins were wedged together, newer style are sleeved, I really can't say one is better than the other except the newer style "might" still work for a short while after they first came apart.

7. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

The reason for changing firing pin and hammer to the new design is to saving working time and that mean saving money. To make the old style firing pin you must touch it 13 times (lathe and mill) To do the firing pin the right way either new or old style you must wedged the inside piece. In the TM1 and the old style firing pin the inside piece do not go all the way through and stops about half way and there is a reason for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.