1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Trigger Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by $$$SHTR, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

I have a MX3, which shoots top barrel first, and was wondering how hard it is to convert a trigger from bottom first to top first. I see lots of bottom first triggers for sale on this site, but rarely do I see a top first trigger group. Could I buy a bottom first and have it converted to top first with out spending a fortune??

The trigger group I have now has a release and the release hook has to be removed to change the trigger spring, (I had one break this last weekend). I'm thinking that an extra trigger group would make life with a spring that could break without notice much easier.

Tomas

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The order of firing is controlled by that little pivoted vertical post (called a tree) near the rear of the trigger. All need be done is replacing that one with one that fires in the order you want. Not a big deal at all.

Neil

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

A quick 'tune up" might also be in order for the sears at that time.. If you shoot doubles.. the 2nd shot should have a slightly heavier pull than the first..so the trigger does not double..

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

You need a top first "tree" like this. Let me know if you're interested.

[​IMG]

5. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Steve W.,

Interested, what do you want for it.

Tomas

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Tomas, just send you a PM, I have two left.

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

My man in Italy makes the internally selectable trigger assembly that is installed in place of the "tree"; Perazzi number 157 and a different Inertia Block and Connector Spring, #171 and 158, respectively.

The need to be installed by a competent gunsmith.

[​IMG]

I also have new trees that can be had in top first or bottom first fire. These need to be installed expertly, and not just a simple exchange, although I've seen that happen. Reason is that no two Perazzi triggers are exactly the same and a tree for one may or may not work, and could work, but yield excessive slack or not enough to engage the sears.

Whiz White

8. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Whiz, that is really neat. How much for the parts?

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

They are (listed on the Websiter URL above) as $110.00.

The last time I bought one, a Perazzi version, I believe it was around $250. These are exact renditions of the past Perazzi ones.

If you are talking about the trees, the Top/Bottom and Bottom/Top, they are $40.

Whiz

10. gnprts

gnprts Member

Tomas ...If you still need a trigger assembly for your MX 3 I have a Bowen double release for a MX 3 for sale which fires the top barrel first...

11. Noel

Noel TS Member

You can make your trigger shoot either barrel just by taking the cocking boot out. If you want it to shoot the top barrel just tap the pin that holds the cocking boots to the side and remove the boot that cocks the bottom barrel. Then it only cocks the top barrel.

12. Noel

Noel TS Member

I had two double release triggers that both were bottom preferred triggers. I purposely had them that way. I had a MX 10 and wanted the old style triggers rather than the newer selective trigger. I had one of the triggers without the bottom cocking boot(also known as shoe) for shooting singles and handicap. The other trigger was bottom preferred and was for shooting doubles. If I had a malfunction with my doubles trigger all I had to do was put the cocking shoe back in the singles trigger (takes a couple minutes) and I was in business for doubles. Or, if I wanted I could go the other way if my singles trigger malfunctioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi trigger double fire

perazzitrigger doubbling