1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PERAZZI TRIGGER QUESTION

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I am trying to return to a pull trigger after many years shooting a release. It's not been easy, but, I believe it is going to work. My question is this: Are there any Perazzi adjustable triggers available that are internally selectable? If so, what can I expect to pay for one? I was shooting my Precision double release and will get rid of it as soon as I find a pull trigger with an adjustable trigger and internal selectability. The reason I want this kind of trigger is that I shoot a DB-81 combo and would like to use the same trigger for all events. Thanks for your input....Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. philip austin

philip austin TS Member

In either the 1987 or 1989 Perazzi catalogue there is a photo of a 4 position adjustable trigger with a internal "saddle" for the hammer selection. Email me and I will send you details etc. Regards Philip

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Yes, what you describe is made. Perazzi has both internally selectable and esternally selectable triggers. They also have one with fore and aft positions as well.

You might want to chcek with Giacomo to see if he has any that fill your needs. They are quite rare and command a hefty price. If you find one with all those options a fair trade would be your precision trigger for the stock Perazzi trigger with all those options.

If you can find one that is cheaper by all means grab it assumming it is in excellent condition.

Jerry

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Thanks very much for the information. I understand Kerry Allor will convert a stock Perazzi trigger to a selectable. Has anyone had him do this, and if so, how is it working out?.......Dan

5. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

Is there a book on Perazzi models and what interchanges between the models ?

/

6. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Dan, If and when you decide to sell your Precision double release, let me know, as I would like to find one for my MX8 trap. Good luck with your new trigger project. All the best. Rob

7. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Dan,

As a fellow DB 81 shooter, why don't you just remove the cocking foor of the Precision trigger?

I had Kerry adjust a trigger for me a couple of years ago and it is very nice.

Regards,

Don Rackley

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Don....I remove the cocking foot from the Precision now when I shot the release. The reason I don't want to continue to do that is it's so easy to forget to put the foot back in when I shoot doubles (I've done it on several occassions) and it's time consuming to stop the squad and change back over. I also don't want to run the risk of losing, or misplacing, the foot. A selectable will be much easier to deal with. The reason for the adjustable trigger is so I can move it as far forward as possible. I can shoot the gun very well as a pull in that position, but, if the trigger is set to the rear, I have trouble controling it......Dan

9. philip austin

philip austin TS Member

Perazzi issued a catalogue in December 1987 (mainly for the US market) that shows the details on pages 22 to 25 of the type of trigger that you are interested in. The 4 guns that are listed back then with that type of internal mobile saddle for the selective trigger choise are. Regards. Philip.

1. DB81 SPECIAL COMBO.
    2. GRAND AMERICAN 88 SPECIAL COMBO.
    3. MX3 SPECIAL COMBO.
    4. MX8 SPECIAL COMBO.

10. philip austin

philip austin TS Member

Good evening Trap 2. I have just had an email sent to me about your quest etc. A Mr. Marcello Giuliani has emailed me from Italy asking me to forward his contact details to you etc. His web site is www.gmgunparts.com and his email address is marcellogiuliani54@hotmail.it Hope this help etc. Kind regards Philip.

11. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone......Dan

12. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Trap 2, I read this thread with interest and no small amount of puzzlement. I shot a Ljutic for 19 years and had no mechanical issues with the trigger. The same with my current Alfermann for 9 years....and no "trigger tuning" for either. My doubles gun is a Citori for 18 years...no issues. I've had 4 Perrazis, still have one of them, but for the life of me I can't figure out why anyone, including me, would want one with all their trigger problems and expenses. If you're still reading this, I think you'd be happier with two different triggers. I had a selectable that came with an MX-10 combo and it was the worst of all the perazzi triggers I've had.

Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.